Something Failed, let’s find it! Transmission Analysis.

You can buy liquid nitrogen if you know where to look....dip said parts and let sit until nitrogen evaporates....for good measure let them reach ambient temperature on their own without stimulus.

I work 60 hours a week minimum, trust me this isn’t convenient lol. That’s why I paid to have it done previously.

Ironically I was supposed to lead a safety ride today...

Claviger,

Thanks for the info and pictures. Keep us posted as things progress. I think you, Carpenter racing , Triumph and others have shown these girls are up to the task. Sometimes stuff happens.
Rick

Yes, that is correct.

Thanks for confirming Paul.

The plan moving forward I think is to buy a new shift drum, input and output shafts, bearings, whichever gear I sheared, and have most of it cryo treated.

While that’s in the mail, Add an MTC billet basket, refresh the exhaust coating (warranty work), and rework the harness by soldering everything. Relocate all the electrics, PC-V, PDM-60, keyless etc to the stock battery location. Send my oil sample off for analysis.

Add the upgraded starter, pull the stock airbox replace with a custom battery tray for a stronger battery. Add a master kill switch so I can disconnect the battery easily and stop any/all parasitic drains.

Remove all the bullcrap extra stuff on the frame that I don’t need (like the rear fender supports being MASSIVE). Pull the wheels, whee bearings, and send out for powder coating along with some little bits here and there I want redone.

Budget allowing: Get the Carbon Dry tank cover and send all the carbon off for candy paint.

I don’t think there’s any chance I’ll be riding in time for RAA West, but I’m **** sure going to try!! If I don’t make it, it’ll be me waiting on a shop or parts from Triumph!

Will post pics as I go, might as well bring everyone along for the ride :)

Cryogenic flaw detection is used in the aviation industry for turban disks that hold the blades and generate the thousands of pounds thrust in jet engines.

The physics of this is that the cold alone won't do it. It must be put under stress, as in a centrifuge. In aviation, this is done in heavy concrete lined room, because this process goes one of two ways. If the micro cracks in the metal are small enough, the metal rejoins, and the part is renewed. If the micro cracks are over a threshold, the part breaks up catastrophically.

And this process is really expensive -- at least what I saw when I was in the Air Force.

Back