Sold my beautiful Vulcan Nomad today

Discussion in 'BearClaw Corner' started by Navigator, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Navigator

NavigatorNitrous

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2009 Rocket Touring
    This was a great bike. I was the second owner, made some significant upgrades to it and considered it to be one of the best bikes I've ever owned. I rode it throughout Washington and up into British Columbia and loved it.

It pained me to sell it but with the Rocket 3T and my BMW R1200C, I just didn't need it anymore. I also have my sidecar rig.

It went to a good home though. I sold it to a good friend, Mike, who has three other Nomads between his home in Georgia and Washington. Mine is the nicest, most pristine bike he's ever owned though and he'll be riding it about 20k miles a year. I felt a twinge of sadness as he rode it away from my place today. Oh well. It was just another bike.
    Last Pic.jpg

Mike's New Nomad.jpg

2. Idaho Red Rocket 3

Idaho Red Rocket 3Living Legend

Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2006 R3 Standard Bagger w/Fairing
    It is a beautiful bike. I understand seller remorse quit well. Felt that way as the buyer was riding away with my '79 XS750.

3. Claviger

ClavigerHP Junkie extraordinaire

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
    Congratulations and Condolences!!

4. Navigator

NavigatorNitrous

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2009 Rocket Touring
    I sent a note to my cousin with a pic of my friend Mike on the Nomad. His response was that it was destined to be, that the Nomad could not long survive in my shop because my Rocket sucks all the air out of the room. He saw the Rocket for the first time over the weekend and immediately offered to buy it.

Doug was a rated Oregon dirt bike racer back in the day and is still a wild and crazy guy. Riding with him last year I looked in the mirror of my Nomad, with he on his KTM 1160 Adv, to see him doing about a mile long wheelie. Last thing he said to me as he departed was "Let me know about the Rocket".

BillyIndiana likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice