Sold my beautiful Vulcan Nomad today

Navigator

Living Legend
Ride
2009 Rocket Touring
This was a great bike. I was the second owner, made some significant upgrades to it and considered it to be one of the best bikes I've ever owned. I rode it throughout Washington and up into British Columbia and loved it.

It pained me to sell it but with the Rocket 3T and my BMW R1200C, I just didn't need it anymore. I also have my sidecar rig.

It went to a good home though. I sold it to a good friend, Mike, who has three other Nomads between his home in Georgia and Washington. Mine is the nicest, most pristine bike he's ever owned though and he'll be riding it about 20k miles a year. I felt a twinge of sadness as he rode it away from my place today. Oh well. It was just another bike.
Last Pic.jpg

Mike's New Nomad.jpg

This was a great bike. I was the second owner, made some significant upgrades to it and considered it to be one of the best bikes I've ever owned. I rode it throughout Washington and up into British Columbia and loved it.

It pained me to sell it but with the Rocket 3T and my BMW R1200C, I just didn't need it anymore. I also have my sidecar rig.

It went to a good home though. I sold it to a good friend, Mike, who has three other Nomads between his home in Georgia and Washington. Mine is the nicest, most pristine bike he's ever owned though and he'll be riding it about 20k miles a year. I felt a twinge of sadness as he rode it away from my place today. Oh well. It was just another bike.
Last Pic.jpg

Mike's New Nomad.jpg

Congratulations and Condolences!!

I sent a note to my cousin with a pic of my friend Mike on the Nomad. His response was that it was destined to be, that the Nomad could not long survive in my shop because my Rocket sucks all the air out of the room. He saw the Rocket for the first time over the weekend and immediately offered to buy it.

Doug was a rated Oregon dirt bike racer back in the day and is still a wild and crazy guy. Riding with him last year I looked in the mirror of my Nomad, with he on his KTM 1160 Adv, to see him doing about a mile long wheelie. Last thing he said to me as he departed was "Let me know about the Rocket".

Back