So I called my dealer about first oil change

@1olbull Steve, I found a big improvement in shift smoothness and less engine noise. Also seemed to run cooler. I cant remember the precise reasons I used it initially but it would be worth researching it a little. Before that I'd mostly used Motul 7100, also very good.

Bel-Ray EXS Synthetic Ester 4T Engine Oil | Bel-Ray Company, Inc

Seems you can get it much cheaper in the US too.

@1olbull Steve, I found a big improvement in shift smoothness and less engine noise. Also seemed to run cooler. I cant remember the precise reasons I used it initially but it would be worth researching it a little. Before that I'd mostly used Motul 7100, also very good.
Bel-Ray EXS Synthetic Ester 4T Engine Oil | Bel-Ray Company, Inc
Seems you can get it much cheaper in the US too.

Thanx, I bookmarked that recent Summit Racing site and shall give the Bel-Ray a try at my 40K mile change.

I wouldn't take my lawn mower to Walmart. But what's so wrong with doing it yourself. Has society really become that soft that it's unheard of to service your own cars and bikes? Excuse me for manning up. And FYI, they can't void my warranty for this. As long as I document everything. Magnusen Ferguson Act protects me.

I dont think anyone was concerned or criticizing your manhood. I think you were just getting some good advice on your FIRST oil change. I think everyone here does the majority of their own work on their Rockets. We were just looking out for you friend. Do it whatever way floats your boat. Its your bike afterall.

Thats only if the tech is competent.
Here in Oklahoma finding a competent tech is exactly why I did my homework and did my own 500 mile check. To many dealerships in this area say they did this and that and charge you for it but in reality they did none of the above. I have the receipts from the tools I bought and receipts from the oil and filter. Plus used the same check sheet that the dealers use. All is documented and dated (with pictures) So when it comes to my warranty it is still valid. How my friend screwed up and is now hoping to get a new exhaust heat shield is he had no documentation at all that the 500 mile check was done.

Back