Snowed here today.....

Sidecar Flip

Living Legend
20150 Mc Carty Rd. Deerfield, Michigan 49238
It snowed here today. Bummer. Looked like powdered sugar but it wasn't sweet. No sense in putting the R3 up yet as it is supposed to warm back up into the 50's by the weekend. Besides, the "group" is supposed to ride to Hell, Michigan on the 28th for 'Halloween in Hell.':D

Winter is good for the land. It allows it to rest for a productive new year but it's bad for the bikes and my arthritis.

Getting time to put the big blower on a tractor....one with a cab and a good heater.

Winters in KC aren't too horrible, you can sneak in a ride in almost every winter month it seems. I lived up in Sioux City Iowa for a couple of years and they have WINTER up there. Yikes... it makes my bones hurt just thinking about that. I'll end up in Florida or Arizona like the rest of the Snowbirds:D.

What is snow?

Hehe.....! Sorry. Do not want to appear to be gloating. Thought I desctibe the climate here, but you are gonna need your centigrade convertors, as we work in deg. centigrade.
Summer (Oct to April) 25 to 30 deg days 15 to 20 deg nights, with heavy "thundershowers" in the afternoon and evening often. Winter is -5 nights and 20 deg days with no precipitation whatsoever. August is windy. To convert deg f to deg c. first subtract 32, then multiply by 5/9 (0.55555555555). :)

Yup, got down to 28f here in Missouri. We have better winters than Colorado Springs CO, Lancaster and Marion Ohio, Upstate New York, and Wichita Kansas(maybe). All places I've lived so it's my humble opinion. Snow and length of winter were my criteria.

Simon, 28c is the same as 82f. I use this fact to help me "ball park" the conversion. Sounds like you got some darn nice weather in South Africa.

Like TxRIIIRider here in NW Fl. we are roughing it when it gets into the 50's but usually gets up in the 70's in the afternoon.We need the rain as we are 40% down.

Not yet not yet

I'm just waiting for it to happen...
We had snow in northern Finland four weeks ago, and its been on and off there since then. Here in the south luckily still roads are only wet if that. This morning when I left to go to work we only had +1 Celsius( water freeses in 0 Celsius) so nearly there. :mad:

It never rains in Southern California.....

Simon_SA said:
Hehe.....! Sorry. Do not want to appear to be gloating. Thought I desctibe the climate here, but you are gonna need your centigrade convertors, as we work in deg. centigrade.
Summer (Oct to April) 25 to 30 deg days 15 to 20 deg nights, with heavy "thundershowers" in the afternoon and evening often. Winter is -5 nights and 20 deg days with no precipitation whatsoever. August is windy. To convert deg f to deg c. first subtract 32, then multiply by 5/9 (0.55555555555). :)

Simon:

If it ever snowed in S. Africa, we'd all be in trouble or the earth would be inverted. I don't need no conversion, I need a bottle of sunshine. I don't need no doctor, I don't need no doctor.......

Back