Slight glitch in 1st convoy, if I only had the Rocket here...

Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
Molinoman has landed...in Atlanta

Well, some surprising (or considering I am in Afghanistan...not surprising) events so far today. Somewhere in Kabul, there was a "huge" explosion, ordinarily I wouldn't worry too much about it, but because of it the roads are "black" which means no convoys in the near future. Hopefully in a few hours the military will review the situation and open the roads so that I can get out of here.

My main convoy to Bagram leaves tomorrow, so even if I don't leave till tomorrow morning I should be fine, if not, I could run into a problem. There is still Friday also to play with, it was supposed to be a day to just "wait" to get over so Saturday could roll around and I could finally fly out of here.

Hope things clear up, if I had a Rocket I would just ride it so fast to Bagram that I wouldn't have to worry about these "suicide" types.

At least there is one less idiot around, I just hope nobody innocent bought it.

Wish me luck.
Dennis
3 dtg!

Last edited:
We're gonna start workin' up the old Rocket mojo in your behalf... you'll get out of there..

Keep yourself safe... get back soon!!!

Relief

The roads did open up again, got out of Camp Black Horse and am finally at Camp Phoenix for the night.

I leave sometime tomorrow morning to go to Bagram Air Base (where VP Cheney was two weeks ago and they had a bomber at the gate there), should be there sometime around lunch or a little later. The trip is a high speed run of about 40 miles.

Start flying out of Afghanistan on Saturday.

Getting closer.
Dennis
3 dtg!

Dennis, I have not participated much in your threads. But I do want you to know that I read them all and have been anxious for you to get back home safe and sound. I am happy that you found this site, are buying a Rocket and have shared a little of your amazing journey with us.

Mojo?

Well the "mojo" must have worked as I did get out of one "Dodge", but tomorrow will bring another.
Thanks to all of you for the support and the well wishes.
Dennis
3 dtg!

My son-in-law just got back to Germany, I can't wait to hear the stories first hand. He and his group are all doing fine. Thanks to all of the troups. get home safely!!!!!