Sitting on the saddle bags

BlueStreak

.040 Over
Does anyone ever just throw their leather saddle bags across the seat and sit on them? I've done it for years because its just easy and quick, but have always wondered if anyone thought I was crazy for doing it.

A guy on a motorcycle thought to be crazy? To get right to the point who cares? Not to be coarse but people who ride, ride for freedom not for what other people think about their choice. Bikes are dangerous, loud, impractical, and a friggin blast. IMHO do what ever works for you! Now seriously if everyone tells you that you are nuts for just throwing your bags over your seat and riding would you change? I would hope not. I'll sometimes ride in a tee shirt, shorts and tennis shoes, no I don't recommend it but it's my choice to do so. By the way I'm still shopping for the best car tire to put on my bike. I might even put on chaps for that first few rides when I do. That said be safe and watch for the cagers because they're probably not watching for you.:soapbox:

I used to throw leather saddlebags over the passenger seat of my Thunderbird Sport and tie them on the sides, I don't remember where.. lol My wife sat on them for a 4 hour ride one time, but it was very uncomfortable.. lol I managed to adjust them and put them under the seat for the ride home.. lol

A guy on a motorcycle thought to be crazy? To get right to the point who cares? Not to be coarse but people who ride, ride for freedom not for what other people think about their choice. Bikes are dangerous, loud, impractical, and a friggin blast. IMHO do what ever works for you! Now seriously if everyone tells you that you are nuts for just throwing your bags over your seat and riding would you change? I would hope not. I'll sometimes ride in a tee shirt, shorts and tennis shoes, no I don't recommend it but it's my choice to do so. By the way I'm still shopping for the best car tire to put on my bike. I might even put on chaps for that first few rides when I do. That said be safe and watch for the cagers because they're probably not watching for you.:soapbox:

Its not that I would ever change, just wondering if anyone else ever did it, lol. And when my rear tire wears out, I will be going to the dark side as well!

This is a great idea. I wish I would have thought of it.

It actually works really well, if your bags are even slightly stiff. I have really soft ones with a stiff inner backing, and they dont move at all, even going 100. They are tied together, just at the length to sit on the rear pegs a little. They dont come near the exhaust. I dont have to tie them or anything, obviously come right off, and don't clutter up the rear of the bike if you like a really clean look.

Back