I took a bird hit, coincidentally wearing a brand new Shoei XS-11 a number of years ago. Saw the thing take off from the side of the road and watched him start to cross my path as he climbed. Thinking the whole time he'd make it. He didn't. I too ducked at the last minute and it wasn't nearly the strike you took, but it sure got my attention. And judging from the gouge he took out of the nice blue paint job on the new helmet, I probably wouldn't have fared as well wearing one of those caps.
Yep without the solid lid, I question my ability to have held a good line, even had it not KO me!

Almost was taken out by an owl a few years ago. Hit my fairing and busted my windscreen. I was lucky... wasn't wearing a helmet at the time.

Just bought a new shoei. Very expensive but very comfortable.
Now I need to get one for my wife.

Almost was taken out by an owl a few years ago. Hit my fairing and busted my windscreen. I was lucky... wasn't wearing a helmet at the time.

Just bought a new shoei. Very expensive but very comfortable.
Now I need to get one for my wife.
Had a chance to take a life flight back in 2010, trust me the most expensive helmet on the market is inexpensive by comparison. If the wife rides think about it!;)

P*ssy..... :p

I always heard that one is what one eats...

And about that bird strike, I'm glad it turned out ok for you. Back in'07, a fellow on a croth rocket hit a bat in Denver on an overpass and was unhorsed. He survied the fall to the pavement below but didn't fare well when hit by a truck trying to get up...

You guys crack me up. Our oz brothers are gentle soles. Can't imagine why anyone would be worried bout that bunch. Hell, I was just reading another thread about how much they like koalas and how they never would shoot roos... and I'm never sarcastic. lol

I humbly apologise to our oz brothers if you were offended by any the above.
Gary

Had a chance to take a life flight back in 2010, trust me the most expensive helmet on the market is inexpensive by comparison. If the wife rides think about it!;)

Totally agree.

The wife currently has an older scorpion full-faced helmet. She's pretty much done with it. She says its comfortable, but its ridiculously large & heavy, plus she gets a lot of buffeting. She looks somewhat like lord helmet from 'spaceballs' when wearing it.

Anyway, She got a look at my new shoei and said I want one.
So she's gonna get one.

Back