pastorfreak

Supercharged
From what I am reading some do not like the rear suspension on the Stock Rocket. Being a beg guy I am wondering what others think? Are the stock rear shocks ok for large people ir do you suggest a different set up?

Also how about windshilds I am seeing some of the windshields in the links for a lot less than the Triumph ones any reason to pay the extra for the Triumph?

Sorry if these are stupid questions but I am trying to learn and I am used ot Harley stuff....

Freak

Not stupid questions at all.

I'm not sure anyone likes the stock shocks. There are a lot of choices out there now and most of the aftermarket shocks work better than the stockers. I have Progressive 440's and love them. The rear suspension now has some travel to soak up bumps but the rear is still under control and the bike handles just as well. I had a few incidents with the stock shocks that about broke my back, and I weigh in at about 220 lbs and had the stock shocks set on the softest setting.

As far as windscreens, you have a lot of choices here and the Triumph ones are expensive. Get what you like.. you won't get kicked out of the Rocket club and trust me... the Rocket can push any and all of them :D. After Christmas is over and I take care of all my wonderful tax obligations I am seriously thinking of trying one of those Corbin Fleetliner fairings... but that's just me. Other screens may do the job you want.

Toystoretom said:
After Christmas is over and I take care of all my wonderful tax obligations I am seriously thinking of trying one of those Corbin Fleetliner fairings...

Tomo:

Let's not mention April 15th. I'm afraid I'm going to have to do quarterly's this year.

Is that what Corbin calls their handlebar fairing...Fleetliner?? Should be called Freightliner as it makes your bike look like a truck.:D

Pastorfreak:

See you are from Kazoo, home of the dealer who sold me my T100, LifeCycle. My BIL, Bart bought his R3 there. Nice folks. Actually, no one has to sell me a bike. When I want one, I go buy one and yes, I'm satisfied with the stock rear shocks as well as the Triumph OEM windscreen. We are talking about my R3, not the T100. The T100's supension has been extensively re-worked for the sidecar.

My R3 came from Rossford, Ohio at NorthCoast.

pastorfreak said:
From what I am reading some do not like the rear suspension on the Stock Rocket. Being a beg guy I am wondering what others think? Are the stock rear shocks ok for large people ir do you suggest a different set up?

Also how about windshilds I am seeing some of the windshields in the links for a lot less than the Triumph ones any reason to pay the extra for the Triumph?

Sorry if these are stupid questions but I am trying to learn and I am used ot Harley stuff....

Freak

If Tom can't move the stock shocks at 220 lbs, they're probably worthless. Progressive told be that at 165 lbs, the 440's would be too stiff for me - that they required at least 200 lbs to move. So they recommended the 418's, which I got, and they work great.

The Big Red Man is bringing me 440's for Xmas I hope. I am around 220 also and the stock shocks leave alot to be desired. I run the stock Triumph wind screen, which I bought from a fellow R/3 Rider who was going to taller after market screen.(Got a good deal at $200.00 bucks and picked up the mounting hardware off of e-bay for $26.00 plus shipping.) I am 6'4'' and I don't have a problem with stock windshield. I do get some wind buffing, but it's not that bad and I wear the old style helmet with a face shield when hitting the highway anyway.

Let Me Weigh In

At 6'3" and 400, I'm one of the few that liked the stock shock setup but I wanted to try the Progressive 440's I'd heard so much about. I think the Triumph guys preloaded them too much and there's hardly any travel. I even got the 13" length and Heavy Duty. Soon I'll need to adjust them so there's more travel.

As to windshields, I couldn't be happier with the GT-25 by Clearview. It's 5 inches taller than the Triumph large wind shield. They have many choices and you can get it with an 5 position adjustable vent in the middle above the cross piece of chrome.

PianoMan said:
At 6'3" and 400, I'm one of the few that liked the stock shock setup but I wanted to try the Progressive 440's I'd heard so much about. I think the Triumph guys preloaded them too much and there's hardly any travel. I even got the 13" length and Heavy Duty. Soon I'll need to adjust them so there's more travel.

As to windshields, I couldn't be happier with the GT-25 by Clearview. It's 5 inches taller than the Triumph large wind shield. They have many choices and you can get it with an 5 position adjustable vent in the middle above the cross piece of chrome.

They didn't preload the stock shocks too much since there are 5 height adjustments. They're just really heavy duty springs. However,you'd till probably like the 440's better.

Yes the people at Life Cycle are a great group of people. Very freindly and knowledgable. We are also teaching Michigan's Safest Riders MSF classes there as well as the local Harley Shop. Anytime anyone gets close to Kalamazoo stop by and say hello to them.

Freak

Shocks

I'm only 5'6" and 145lbs, and when I hit a bump with the stock's I bounce of the seat. Hate to hit a good bump while deep into a corner I will probabbly skip like a stone on a lake. Even with girl friend on the back we only tip about 260 or so.

Back