secondary tps help

71triumph

Standard Bore
what specialty electronic tool will i need to change my sceandairy throttle positon sensor and set the volts back on my 05 r3

I've never heard of the secondary TPS going out,
it's always been the primary.
Spoke with Gus at Baxter's and he said he's never seen one go out either.
So what makes ya think your secondary is bad?

I to have never seen one fail as they do not actuate as much. I have had to reset the voltage on mine during a ISCV reset.

When should you have to do the ISVC reset ? Everytime you load a tune or change a sensor??

When should you have to do the ISVC reset ? Everytime you load a tune or change a sensor??
If you change the TPS it should be done to resync the two tps sensors and the idle stepper motor with the ecu. Also when your having idle problems this could help.

Should be the right spot to ask for help. I received my secondary tps from Hermy's. Has anyone ever been able to change one out following the manual? It says to position the sensor like the "dotted line" insert and rotate clockwise to attach the screw. Problem I have is not being able to rotate it that far because it hits the throttle cable bracket actuator. A few sentences above it says to remove the throttle body?????? Even if I did all the stuff it hits comes with it. Doesn't make sense. Chime in please.

Love it when videos are posted! When I saw this and then read the manual, it made me nervous since its opposite to what the manual says. For a fact the sensor won't go on without removing the entire throttle cable brackets from the body. If you follow the video, then you can install it and get full manual range on the throttle plates. However, I can't reach the 0.6 volt setup with the sensor fully pushed toward the engine. I can reach 0,8 volts. When I manually close the plates, turn the key on, the plates open just a little bit. Using tuneboy, I ran a test on the secondary and it opened fully. Maybe I could file the slot in the sensor a bit and get there, but I'll give it a ride first. Maybe it doesn't matter but I am certainly no expert.

Back