Second Poor Idle Fix

I brought my '05 in for a 500 mile service (at 4500 miles). While there the dealer gave it a fix for the idle problem that was part of a recall. It had no problem w/ idle when I brought it in. Now it starts hard and idles the same.
:mad:

I'd bring it right back to them to have it properly fixed.

The cat boxes are marked C for a full catalyst and NC for "no catalyst"
I haven't seen one NC on it, not that I'm saying you wrong.

While you're here.... Is the Triumph tool the only way to balance the throttle bodies? With tuneboy you can get the map sensor readings for each.. Can they be adjusted w/o the tool? By the way, if you solve all of our issues what are we going to have to complain about???:D

What I wanted to check, was if they gave a spec for inches of vaccum. They dont, which sucks. The Triumph tool measures in mm/ch, but will change display to "Balanced" when thay are in sync. I haven't had to make a change on the sync in almost three years on any customer bikes when I've pluged in to check them.

You can surely use the tune boy to check and adjust using the old rule of all within a precentage of each other. You just will not know if you working too high or low in a range.

PS......... Triumph just released a new service bulliten for the problem today, with changes to a few of the things to be done, along with the new mapping I spoke of above. Unfortunatly, their server is messing up, so I can't post the vin range it includes.

Cheers

Back