Seat options for short riders?

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
Hey Guys. I wouldn't consider myself short, im 182cm or about 5'11"... But yesterday a friend of mine who is also my height sat on my 12 roadster as was able to put his feet flat on the ground. Apparently I have short legs!!

I am just a little concerned that I can't get both feet flat on the ground for when sitting in traffic and stuff, so I was wondering what options are available other then lowering the bike which I dont want to do.. are there alternative seats that can lower me down a little bit? I will find some boots with a much thicker sole to help but I need a little more.

Also, I intend to go riding with my wife fairly often and would like to find a seat with a little more cushion or something wider/bigger for the back compared to the stock seat, my wife has quite the booty, she's no stick! Just want to make sure she's comfortable.

Any experience or reviews you can assist me with? Thanks guys! :cool:

try yoga or martial arts to stretch your legs? maybe downsize to athunderbird or Bonneville like Bruce Lee!

Attachments

• 858365_601863489827668_1460712700_o.jpg
    858365_601863489827668_1460712700_o.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 52
How heavy are you, if over 200 lb you may want to consider a Corbin they ask you your inseam measurement so if you are a touch short in the leg they will cut back the front of the seat, I love my Corbin dual tour as it cradles me nicely and thou it is a firm seat it has enough give to avoid pressure areas it also has a decent pillion platform (even thou my good lady is not large in the rear) it gives her plenty of room I ask about your weight because it seems the guys that don't like Corbins are all less than 200lb every heavier rider I have communicated with when deciding like them, they also say it takes 5,000 miles to break in whilst I actually found it better from he get go

How heavy are you, if over 200 lb you may want to consider a Corbin they ask you your inseam measurement so if you are a touch short in the leg they will cut back the front of the seat, I love my Corbin dual tour as it cradles me nicely and thou it is a firm seat it has enough give to avoid pressure areas it also has a decent pillion platform (even thou my good lady is not large in the rear) it gives her plenty of room I ask about your weight because it seems the guys that don't like Corbins are all less than 200lb every heavier rider I have communicated with when deciding like them, they also say it takes 5,000 miles to break in whilst I actually found it better from he get go

Im about 210lbs

What about the other Triumph Seat Options? has anyone tried the dual touring seat or any one of the other triumph seats? I'd like to avoid the corbin ones as they are super expensive...

What about the other Triumph Seat Options? has anyone tried the dual touring seat or any one of the other triumph seats? I'd like to avoid the corbin ones as they are super expensive...
I have the dual Touring with riders backrest - but added Gel inserts anyway.

I have tried the Triumph Gel riders and pillion and was bitterly disaponited, yes the Corbin is expensive but worth every cent of the $1,239 aid it cost me that was including a backrest and heating.

I have tried the Triumph Gel riders and pillion and was bitterly disaponited, yes the Corbin is expensive but worth every cent of the $1,239 aid it cost me that was including a backrest and heating.

Holy crap no way I would spend that much on just a seat... Maybe I'll just start stretching my legs as mentioned previously.. wow

Back