Scorpio I-900 Triumph Factory Harness Kit

Dawg68

Nitrous
Ride
2014 R3R / 2017 R3T
good day all;
For those of you who have experience installing the Scorpio alarm system. I purchased the factory harness kit in order to hopefully make the install easier. I'm assuming it simply plugs into the existing alarm harness? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I was provided the engine disable module for free as well from Scorpio, has anyone else installed this piece of the system? If you have had any problems or issues you experienced during or after the install that you could pass along it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

have the scorpio alarm on my 07 perimeter shock tilt dealer installed it also has the engine disable mine just gets the power from the battery only problem I have had is out of town for a while didn't charge the little remote thingy could not get it unlocked to turn alarm off finally got it unlocked and turned off

I think I got it figured....spent some time studying the rocket schematics. I was confused about the dummy plug on the alarm harness. No issues, the wire between pins 1 & 2 on the plug, once cut will provide the circuit for the engine cut off..disabler. Everything else should be pretty strieght forward.

I'll end this post here, once I start the install I'll record the install and post.

i may be reading your post wrong
i have never seen one of those alarms but i would think it should be just unplug the connector and plug in the connector on your alarm.
i would carry the plug with you in case of problems.

i may be reading your post wrong
i have never seen one of those alarms but i would think it should be just unplug the connector and plug in the connector on your alarm.
i would carry the plug with you in case of problems.

You are indeed correct if you install the factory OEM system, the data tool. As for the Scorpio, I oredered the factory Triumph harness. This harness has two 12 pin ends, one male and the other female. The process will be to remove the dummy plug from the 12 pin harness, plug in the Scorpio harness and then reinstall the dummy plug on the other end of the Scorpio harness. Without it the bike will not start or run. The Scorpio harness is a Y harness which has one end going to the alarm module.
image.jpg
This harness caused me some confusion which is why I started the thread to see if any of the other members have experience with the install. Since taking the time to read the schematics....the job will be too easy.

Thanks for the pic & info thats what makes this site GGREAT

Every one with an Alarm that plugs into the harness should listen to Turbo an carry the bypass plug . He helped me BIG time when I was stranded on the autobahn in Germany last year. The datatool 4 immobilised my bike when I was doin 200kph. It took me bout 40 mins to get the f****r out with the siren goin off the whole time !

I hate alarms....They always seem to either kill your battery or leave you stranded somewhere.

I somewhat agree Jeff. The problem I see with alarms and or engine dissablers
Is that we need to understand how to bypass our system in the event of a failure, not just how to turn it on. That said.....every system is slightly different in their configuration and operation. I believe that if you have one or are going to get one installed, you need to know how to disable it. For example;

I read the instructions for the OEM system, the data tool. In the instructions they request that you return the shorting plug from the wiring harness along with the registration card back to the company. If you do that you have no way of quickly disabling the data tool system in the event that the imobilizer fails, therefore leaving you stranded.

I've been tossing around the "alarm" system debate in my head for a couple of years now. Still not sure if I really need one or if a disk lock would be sufficient. Because of the deal I got on the Scorpio system I thought I'd give it a go. I don't believe I'll activate it every day but there will be times and places where the perimeter senser will be nice to have.....provided it works properly.

One thing I'll be certain of though is understanding how to deactivate it if required. That information I'll share with everyone here who may be considering this system.

As for those members using the OEM system, never leave home without your shorting plug:):):)

I store my bike in my garage and when I am out riding it I rarely stop anyplace that I am out of sight of the bike. Hopefully we will both be lucky.....I won't get my bike stolen and you will not find your bike not starting!!

Back