Scenic Rides Near Niagara Falls Area?

germ79

The Guy That Asks All The Questions
Ride
2014 R3 Roadster
Hey, fellas! My father-in-law and I will be taking a short road trip to the Niagara Falls area in late September/early October. We'll be camping near the falls. Any suggestions on some short scenic jaunts from that area? Anything interesting to see? Fall colors in swing by then?

Thanks!

Hey, fellas! My father-in-law and I will be taking a short road trip to the Niagara Falls area in late September/early October. We'll be camping near the falls. Any suggestions on some short scenic jaunts from that area? Anything interesting to see? Fall colors in swing by then?

Thanks!
My wife and I have only been there one time but the whole area is awesome. A little village called Niagra on the Lake is a beautiful place with museums, and winery tours, for sure worth a ride.

Canadian side is nice, American side, picture Beirut. Economically depressed, and flatlands, you would have to go out to Central NY and the Finger Lakes for good riding.

Canadian side is nice, American side, picture Beirut. Economically depressed, and flatlands, you would have to go out to Central NY and the Finger Lakes for good riding.

Pretty much sums it up although I think Beirut may be slightly nicer ;)(sorry to anyone on here that lives there)

Canadian side is definitely the nicer. Ride along the Niagara Parkway from Fort Erie, past the falls to Niagara on the Lake and you won't regret it (once you get out of Ft Erie that is :)). NOTL gets crazy busy on weekends so keep that in mind. Riding through 4 way stops with a thousand people crossing in all directions can be a challenge. If you're looking for "twisties" though, I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. Pretty straight and flat around Niagara for the most part. You won't be disappointed with your choice of places to eat and drink though. Some places on the main drag can be pricey (tourist prices) but get off a bit and you'll get much better deals. Two of my "go to" places are Caroline Cellars (great lunch and not expensive) and The Oast House (great beer and some of the best Brisket I've ever eaten)

As mentioned, if you have the time, and if it's not too far out of your way, you really should try to get down to the Finger Lakes. It's stunning down there and there are a whole bunch of wineries and micro-breweries to visit. Canandaigua is the closest and less than 2 hours from Niagara.

Have fun, ride safe, especially around Niagara. People don't pay attention to bikes at the best of times. Tourists are ten time worse

Last edited:
Back