saveing current tune on tuneboy

FTL40

.060 Over
Ride
05 Rocket
i wanted to load and save the current tune in the tuneboy but it told me is was an unknown tune and would not take it. is there anything special i need to do to make this work?

Frank

also i just had the latest recall done, this is the first time all summer my bike idles. which brings me to the next thing. who with the tuneboy tunes installed has had any idle issues. it kind of scares me to do the tune now with the bike actually idleing

Frank

old program

Frank: I am not sure that saving the old tuneup in the computer is worth the effort, after all, the fact that it needs improved is why you have purchased an aftermarket software program device to change the things that don't work.
Maybe you should go to the the thread (mods) section on this site that offers tune up downloads for Tuneboy to address specific issues and choose the one that addresses the things you want to change. The updates offered are very specific and will target only those issues that you wish to address. Remember, these mods will only improve what Triumph failed to fix with the original programming in the ECM.
If you need specific help in choosing, I would communicate with dougl or pig9r on this site. Both are very knowledgeable and have been willing to communicate to clarify questions to those of us who need tutoring. We are glad to have them and what they know.:D Good Luck. Bullet.

You can't save the current tune in the ECU, that is a function for the sagem ECUs. All of the stock tunes are on the tuneboy site, which are the '07 idle issue release tunes. If you know what tune number your dealer loaded you should be good.

ok, they loaded the current tune for the 386 recall, not sure what that would equal tho

Frank

all i have is the thunderbike system. after this recall i finally have a bike that idles for the first time all summer which is why i am timid about it

Frank

If you find out what tune number you have, when Wayne posts the new release tunes on the Tuneboy site, you can take that tune, open the secondaries 100%, advance the ignition, correct speedo etc. and it shouldn't change your idle a bit.

Back