Russell Seat: Done deal

Your seat looks good....I have seen some after market seats where the function overshadows the form....ie they were butt ugly. Your seat looks good and from your ride home report it works well too. Best of both worlds.

Last edited:
Nice seat now i understand where the Day Long comes in. ;) Here's another seat builder on the west coast that also makes superior Rocket custom seats. He's got 40 years experiance under his belt. $1100.00 for a seat blows my mind but i guess thats the way it is today.
Mr. Ed's Moto Custom Seats Mr. Ed's Moto / Premier Motogear of Oregon Albany, OR (541) 926-2107

Have read and heard good things about this fellow's craftsmanship.
We have a similar seat guru in Seattle:
Rich's Custom Seats

Where is Russell located?

Russell is north of Sacramento, CA, then north of Redding, in the small town of Shasta Lake. The town is just south of Mount Shasta, which in the summer months is great riding country. If I were to have planned way ahead, I would have called and got an appointment to do it in the summer. But in order to get a ride in for next summer...call now. They get completely booked with a huge waiting list.

j

Russell ride-in seat build: Great experience.

I can totally see why they charged us just over $1,100 for the seat, which included my bucket with suspension, my wife's bucket with suspension, my back support and re-covering my wife's back support and a set of water proof covers. Mike, the owner's son, a guy that have been building seats for near 15 years, spent the entire day, from 8:00 am till well after 5:00 pm working with just us to make sure we were satisfied in every way. He worked on one seat the entire day...ours.

When we went through the sit-on process, my wife felt some discomfort and I wanted some additional support in a couple of areas. He worked on it and re-bolted the seat 3 separate times to make sure everything was perfect for us before sewing on the cover.

At the end, it is exactly what we wanted. After the 8 hour ride home, we only stopped for gas and food, absolutely no pain, no numb tail bone, no discomfort due to break-in, just the totally neutral feeling of great butt and back support. Best of all, I have no pain this morning after a day long ride. The price I paid was completely worth total satisfaction.

I have attached some photos, see what you think.

j
Man, I just got my Russell seat in Oct. Only had a chance(due to all these freakin' storms and flooding) to ride it about 100 miles. I didn't have any issues in that short of a ride...butt(get it?) I suspect it will be a major comfort improvement. I had them work with my Triumph Longhaul seat. I only had the "buildup" on the driver's seat..butt(again?) they went ahead and padded up the pillion as well. I looks great...and feels fantastic. If I can find my camera, I'll post a pic. My total, with shipping, was $590.00. Leather seat and Nylon inserts.

Back