Rockets Across America II - 2007

This is complicated.....

This is complicated to say the least. I've been in the Cleveland area yesterday and today meeting with my CPA, setting up my pension withdrawl schedule and then I spent last evening and today with Ed & Carol. I think I mentioned before that Ed & Carol introduced Amy and I, that I've known them over 35 years and we all used to ride together and that Ed & Carol both have Harley's and they don't (The Harley's) sit in the garage. Ed has over 185 thousand on his Heritage Softail and Carol is over 100 on hers.

Anyway, about 20 years ago, Ed & Carol and I packed up our bikes, I was riding a Yamaha 750 Seca (the bike that I about killed myself on) and E&C had a Goldwing. We left Cleveland (I used to live there) and set out with no destination in mind heading laterally across Pennsylvania on US322. We passed through York, dropped down around Baltimore and rode the east side of the Chesepaeke Pennsulia, crossed over the the mainland and proceeded to central Georgia. We then went west, through Nashville :)) ) and north, ending back up in Cleveland about 2 weeks later. We are planning to do it again, in July.

No sleeping in tents this time. No tel motels, preferrably Holiday Inn, Express, but still eating in greasy spoons and no super slabs at all. All 2 lane or short 4 lane roads, preferrably scenic routes. E&C and me are all retired (E&C are 10 years older than I am) so it's no hurry, ride a couple hundred, get a room, visit the tourista spots, eat, reserve a room somewhere down the road (300 miles or less), sit around tell lies, get up (not too early) and truck down the road.

I know I've goaded everyone concerned about this ride, but I can't back out with E&C. We are all getting old and especially for them, we may not get another chance. They are getting along in years and have some health problems. A chance to relive what we did so many years ago when we were all younger is too much to pass up. Bear with me until I have the exact dates in hand. Besides, when you meet them, you'll just kick me to the curb anyway. E&C have stories from the road that will captivate you. They are extremely road wise.

Ed & Carol have ridden their bikes in every state in this country many states more than once. These people are true Iron Butters. Any mortal that can put almost 200K on a Hardley and live to tell about it, is a legend as far as I'm concerned,

Anyway, we are getting together in 3 weeks for lunch. Every 6 weeks E&C meet Amy and I halfway between their hom and ours for lunch. After lunch, I'll have a firm intenrary and dates. Hopefully, it will all dovetail in and E&C and myself can meet all of you in Nashville, but, I'm not sure yet. Lots of parameters floating around. Let me firm it up.

I'd really like to do the ride and do the Nashville thing and come in with Ed & Carol too. They both tell really great road stories and know all about my dastardly deeds. 20 minutes with them and I'll be kicked to the curb.....no problem, I'm used to it.

Last edited:
I am a maybe... I'm workin' on it. I'm also the sickest SOB you know right now.

I am also going to sticky this thread.....

I have never been to Nashville :eek:, are we gonna stay somewhere cool??

Tomo, you a sickie??

Whatever you got, I don't want it. You can't spread germs via the internet can you?

There is lots of things to do in Nashville. Grand Ole Opry, lots of good beaneries, clubs, good look'in babes.....Google Nashville.....

Forget that, concentrate on the babes.

I recommend

If you can swing it to stay in the Opry-land hotel. I have stayed in it many times, and if you ever want to impress the wife (girlfriend) take her there around Christmas.

Flip might be in the house!

Flip, really try hard to work it out so you guys can meet us in Nashville. That would be a lot of fun. Tom, let's you and I get together this Spring and chart out our route. Ok that's about 9 so far...starting to look like a mini R3 rally!!!!!:cool:

Whatever you got, I don't want it. You can't spread germs via the internet can you?
AKKKKK... It's a two weeker, I'm sure. I haven't had a cold in a long time... maybe years. My wife brought this home, I'm going to try and give it away to someone else...

Sounds good Raymond! We can't get too cute, we have to do 500 + miles in a day. Sounds like ride... gas... ride... gas & eat... ride... gas... ride.... Nashville :D.

This will put the new Fleetloaner to the test, eh Flip... You puss :roll:

Back