The talk about wheels lately has got me fired up again. Egotripp wheels has had the Rocket listed in their applications section for a while however they don't have any photos on the site. I sent them an email today and was pleased at the reply:

Any of our Level I and Level II wheels on products page can be made to fit your bike. We are currently still working on our first set...getting all fitment issues taken care of. Will hopefully have some pics up within the next couple weeks. The sizes are going to be slightly different from stock as the rear wheel size does not exist in the aftermarket world. We are working on a set of 18 inch replacements. An 18x8.5 rear which would accept the Avon or Metzler 250 and 240 tires...the front we can leave as stock 17x3.5 or run the 18x3.5. The tires all have slightly lower profiles making up for the difference in larger wheel diameter as to fit under stock fenders. We will have everything finished up in the week or two...complete with recommended tire sizes. Expect prices to range from 2300.00 to 2600.00 for both wheels depending on pattern.

Egotripp's level l and ll wheels... http://www.egotrippwheels.com/Products.html

I am looking forward to the photos. Maybe I could justify the expense in the 'savings' I would realize in having a wider selection of tires to choose from.:D I also have a "friend of a friend" that is a manager in Weld's motorcycle wheel division. I might have to see if they have anything available also....

Pigger

Cool, Iam gona run over and tell Hombre. Lol I would love spokes too but I think u would need so many the wheel would be at least as heavy as stock. 18s would be great for a 280 though. Jack

Pigger

Now u got me thinking more about wheels dammit. Just dawned on me dah, that we don't have to buy the damed pulley. Quite a savings. Oh hell I can just re mortgage the house...Jack

PF - Click on the image aside from the image Pig9r loaded above. I too had to register for some .com BS when I clicked on the first link.

Noise would be my concern. Otherwise all that gear would need a load of grease to turn at Rocket speeds. Now if you intend it for show room I would expect the noise to be minimal.
Unless it's made of CARBON FIBER.

I would be worried about weight. On most of my English cars I have had, the wires were the heaviest. They do provide plenty of air for cooling the brakes and the quickness of pulling off the wheel by only undoing one nut. The Rocket's rear wheel is pretty heavy already so I might not want wires. But I always say, If it don't make it faster, I don't need it.

Back