Rocket Tyre Pressures? What do you run?

Aussie Rocket Pete

.020 Over
Hi all,

Just thought I'd ask this question before I start pulling the tools out.

My 06 R3 has an annoying weave through open sweepers at 70kph up, nothing dangerous at this stage, just annoying feeling the bike moving around underneath me. Slight rear brake pressure solves the problem, and it does not seem to happen 2 up over the same patch of road.

The bike has 3500k's on it. I have been assured by the previous owner that it has never been dropped.

I am running the factory recommended 34psi front and 42psi rear. I have played with the (standard) shock settings (currently in position 3), but this has little or no effect.

I thought I might get a concesus of idea's on what tyre pressures work for the Rocket.

All idea's appreciated.

Cheers,

Pete

I run 40 and 40psi, cold

The problem you're describing is more likely to be the rear shocks if you're running OEM.

Try reading

I'm running 12 psi on the rears. I might drop them to 10...

IMG_4633_Medium.jpg

G'day all, thats one seriously good looking R3 8) I've upped the pressure in the front and as soon as it ever stops raining, I'll go for a ride.

I've been shopping for some Progressive 440's, they're $970 here in the Southland :shock: Maybe the Global economy is a good thing :idea:

Aussie Pete, I'd love to be able to afford 440's too, went with heavy duty 412's @ $450 and progressive fork springs $130. Pick bike up this morning will let you know how she goes.

Back