rocket classic.. can you drag the pegs?

I find calibrating my internal pitch/yaw controller with the lean-angle sensor in my ear canals projected through my retina-mount translucent protractor with pre-ride parameters gleaned from perusing the Triumph Rocket 3 owners manual sees me tipping the big girl over to a delightfully consistent 35° both left and right :thumbsup:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

I find calibrating my internal pitch/yaw controller with the lean-angle sensor in my ear canals projected through my retina-mount translucent protractor with pre-ride parameters gleaned from perusing the Triumph Rocket 3 owners manual sees me tipping the big girl over to a delightfully consistent 35° both left and right :thumbsup:

EXACTLY!!!

Seriously though and for a start, try maintaining your head and eyes level with the horizon. This will help maintain your perspective as the bike leans.

Go out and do a few corners while maintaining your torso and head perpendicular to the BIKE while leaning through the corner.
You WILL feel the G-Forces pulling on your head.
Then re-do the same corners at the same speed while bending neck to maintain your head and eyes perpendicular to the ROADWAY.
You WILL feel the difference.

Although I have been riding for some years, I am self taught, and somehow managed to take the State's riding test without much more than the tester's introduction of each move. Recently though I availed myself of Harley's Riding Academy, and while much was rudimentary, I went away having learned some techniques that I never could have taught myself. These are the basics, and knowing them has improved my ride so much that I astonish myself. Everyone is mentioning the same basics, so I would feel safe riding with any of ya'll!

And by way, the coach at the HRA said at the end, that when he gets riders that have miles under their belt, and sees them doing the drills quite well, it rubs off on the beginners in the group, and he will end up teaching us all a few advanced tips. In the end he feels that the old heads will have gained something useful, and the beginners will have absorbed more than they would have were the whole group beginners.

What he said.

Let's see, there was something here somewhere about dragging the pegs.

Let's say, hypothetically of course, you know, "a friend has this problem" . . . he just does enough to get the bike from point A to point B, and would like to have more fun in the twisties (or even on/off ramps).

Is there a good practical description of how one -- my friend you know -- develops the skill and confidence to approach dragging the pegs, thus getting more performance out of the bike ?
Practice, practice, practice, miles, miles and miles. Watch a few of the videos and take a class or two.

www.youtube.com/user/motorman857

Back