Cool video I must say. Wonder why the H2 has a rear slick and the Rocket doesn't. I doubt it makes any difference but if all is stock the racing slick isn't. The tire was put on to maximize the grip on take off. If there was a sudden downpour my money is on the Rocket in the next race.:thumbsup:
The H2R comes with track tires although not a racing slick. A better comparison would have been the street legal touring model H2SX.

I have been part in a Kawasaki Z-H2 project as the engine guy.
They are as restricted as the Rocket. It is also by the DBW-tables.
With some software and an open exhaust you easily get her up to 240 rwhp.

louis zh2.jpg

Two completely different motorcycles. Speed is only one aspect to consider when buying a bike.
Exactly. I don’t want to sound arrogant or braggy but I can afford to buy almost any motorcycle on the market and I have two Rockets. I’ve considered a sport bike but never thought it would check all the boxes I’m looking for. I ride full 275+ mile days and I like a little comfort.

I understand both are different categories but is there any way Rockets are better than ninja h2, only h2 not sx or other variants of it , the basic H2, not the H2R version.

The reason I am asking is I am getting tempted to buy a h2.

Thankyou
The H2 is SOOOO much faster!! Riding position is far more forward. Such a different animal!

The R3 is so much more comfortable and makes its power far lower down the RPM range. The H2 is an absolute mind blowing rocket that you have to ride to believe!!

The h2 gets much praise for its engine, but it usually finishes middle of the pack in superbike roundups. with the 2300 standard I thought Triumph was going after Harley because the bike is so big and easy to make whatever I wanted I wanted it to be. I loved it. I think the R3 is still made for us older guys that still want to be able to go fast, feel the power, but not faster than our reflexes.

Back