Rocket 3 tourer brake pedal position

Joe Satellite

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 tourer
Hi Clever Ones

Had my Rocket 3 tourer for a year and recently had a small altercation with a corner and a safety barrier which caused minor damage to my ride. Had to replace right hand floor board peg and rear brake pedal. I have just received my bike back and the pedal position is much different to what it originally was. When riding now I have to lift my foot off the floor peg to reach the break pedal.

Can this pedal position be changed? The garage that completed the work (well the mechanic not the owner) has said that there is no adjustment for this. I am not convinced as my original pedal could be used by rolling my heel back in a comfortable motion.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

While is not addressed to me (Never been cleaver) I have a friend who is a fabricator and has over the years made pedals for people with non standard feet sizes. You may be able to find someone in your area that can custom build one for you.

While is not addressed to me (Never been cleaver) I have a friend who is a fabricator and has over the years made pedals for people with non standard feet sizes. You may be able to find someone in your area that can custom build one for you.
Just seems strange that the pedal I had before the refit was perfectly placed. Surely there must be a way to adjust this. On my way home from picking up the bike post repairs there is a real steep hill. If I had to stop on this hill because of traffic I would find it really difficult to control the bike having to lift my right leg off the peg.

On the Tourer, I think there is no adjustment, because the only place the pedal could go would interfere with something else nearby. That said the pedal shaft itself could have been ....ahem.....adjusted in your mishap....perhaps an appropriate application of gentle force would bend it back where it was.

Hi Clever Ones

Had my Rocket 3 tourer for a year and recently had a small altercation with a corner and a safety barrier which caused minor damage to my ride. Had to replace right hand floor board peg and rear brake pedal. I have just received my bike back and the pedal position is much different to what it originally was. When riding now I have to lift my foot off the floor peg to reach the break pedal.

Can this pedal position be changed? The garage that completed the work (well the mechanic not the owner) has said that there is no adjustment for this. I am not convinced as my original pedal could be used by rolling my heel back in a comfortable motion.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Joe

I also didn't like having to lift my leg to use the rear brake when I first got my R3T. I really only use the rear brake for slow speed maneuvering.

- I took the rubber pad off, cut half the metal off the pedal. (Red arrow)
- Fitted a Kuryakyn #4029 Brake pedal Pad Cover.
- Lowered the pedal closer to the floorboard by adjusting the linkage shown. (Green arrow)

Now the brake pedal it easier to use with a twist of the ankle and is tucked out of the way during riding.

I will post pictures if you would like.

Hope this helps.
Rich

upload_2016-8-15_12-44-33.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-15_12-43-34.png
    upload_2016-8-15_12-43-34.png
    19.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
The crash I had buckled the support bracket. The mechanic did nothing to rectify the buckled bracket - hence the new position. Took the bike to my usual mechanic and he sorted the problem in 20 minutes. Thanks for your input chaps!

Joe

On the Tourer, I think there is no adjustment, because the only place the pedal could go would interfere with something else nearby. That said the pedal shaft itself could have been ....ahem.....adjusted in your mishap....perhaps an appropriate application of gentle force would bend it back where it was.

You were right on the money there buddy. Just a tad annoyed that the original mechanic did not rectify the buckled bracket

Back