Rocket 3 just got a new stablemate!

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
I've always been interested in the touring aspect of riding but with a little searching I found a great deal on a used Honda ST1300 in grey... older gentlemen finds he's not into riding anymore, selling his bike with fairly low mileage and comes with tons of accessories including a hardwired Garmin Zumo, aftermarket windscreen and wind deflectors ETC.... bike has a V4 engine with ABS, electronic windshield, adjustable headlights, fuel injected, water cooled, hydro clutch.. fully loaded with 3 hard bags too! I can't wait to get it home this weekend... and then wait 6 months for warm weather and the snow melt to ride it :(

Check it out!

bike012504.jpg
image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_3.jpeg

Yeah a very nice Touring bike, I have still got my old ST1100 (thought I would still ride it after I bought my Rocket but who am I kidding) have somebody interested in buying her, it will be a sad good bye as she was ultra reliable and with the 28 litre tank was great for extra long trips

Great bike, before I got my rocket I wanted to get the k1300s but my wife persuaded me to get something less sporty. I'm happy with the choice but if I find a good deal on one I might add a stablemate myself.

I was looking at a leftover ST1300 before I found my R3T.
My plan is to have the Rocket and a sports tourer.

I'm glad I found my Rocket; but still want a FJR1300, Concours, Trophy or something in that vein.

Have fun and post a ride review when y'all thaw out. :)

Scott

A client rides an ST1300. While ours may be Rockets, that thing is a freak'n missile.

Nice find. I'm looking forward to adding a Trophy to my stable late next year.

Really glad to hear most people like the ST1300. I actually did ride a FJR1300 a couple of years back and I really didn't like it.. it was kind of skinny, and buzzy at the higher RPMS... too sporty, not enough comfort.. As far as the Concours, i think its a little too much sport bike... not really what I was looking for, probably far too powerful as a sport tourer is needed... Wanted something a little more refined, can't really go wrong with Honda reliability... those machines just don't die as long as they are maintained. At least now I can keep the rocket as a 1up bike, at least for the Roadster thats the way it should be!

Back