I've read about the traffic with London being a nightmare the last time I was there in about '95, hence my considering Dublin as a point of entry. I read a report awhile back that UK is the most heavily surveiled nation in the world. It is my intention to stay as much as possible on secondary roads, so I have much planning to do.

Jerry, thanks for the bike rental information. That might be the way to go. I also found a place SW of London that pics the renter up at the airport and provides transport for the return flight.

Just a note...Dublin specifically has very heavy traffic. You have to get out into the country before you're free of that

A few years ago my wife and I flew to Ireland.

We rented a bike and all the riding gear needed from Phillip McCallen in Lisburn Triumph Motorcycles - Phillip McCallen Motorcycles
The picture by my name was taken in North Ireland. We had a great time.

If you have any troubles while you are there, I recommend them highly.

Later,
Jerry C

Great to hear...the difference in landscape and scenery is quite different between Nothern Ireland and Ireland.

Hi Mike, once home at the weekend I will send you over a few biking routes across North Yorkshire moors, Cumbria and the lake district plus as a bonus, the Borders region between England and Scotland. Some spectacular routes and the scenery is wonderful. As all others have stated, stay away from the cities...unless you are walking of course!!

Yeah, Baby...bring it on!! That will involve a few days though. I have a friend, just the one, who lives Oop Norf in North Yorkshire. He has a current stable of 11 bikes and knows that area like the back of his hand. I will ask if he would be prepared to act as a tour guide perhaps??

Yeah, Baby...bring it on!! That will involve a few days though. I have a friend, just the one, who lives Oop Norf in North Yorkshire.
Now you're just boasting. Not only do you claim you have a friend - but also that he's from Yorkshire. I have one up there too - He's called John.

If you were going to meet up near Richmond - book a group bespoke fitting meeting at Altberg Boots.

Now you're just boasting. Not only do you claim you have a friend - but also that he's from Yorkshire. I have one up there too - He's called John.

If you were going to meet up near Richmond - book a group bespoke fitting meeting at Altberg Boots.
Never ask a man if he is from Yorkshire. If he is then he will tell you within two minutes. If he isn't then you will have just insulted him. :whitstling:

Navigator, if you can contact the UK Rocket owners club they will be more than happy to provide you with help with routes, sights to see and anything else you need. We do this for the German owners club so they get most bang for their buck ( or Euros in their case)..:thumbsup:

Back