Removing cylinder head

Just to be clear: I didn't remove the liners and reseal them.
I know this is an old thread but just a quick question for my curiosity. Did you reuse the head bolts and if you did was it ok and did you tighten them down as per the manual spec, ie. the stretch method?

Thankyou for the information. it,s just that new head bolts are expensive but i do not know of anybody reusing them. We just have to pay the high prices i guess.
I reused mine....

That's the main bearing ladder bolts, which I believe an update to the manual says to reuse.
@Mike Rocket is talking about the head bolts, which the manual says to discard and replace once torqued and loosened - however - I believe Nev also reuses these head bolts without issue. There is also the option of the APE headbolts which can be reused.
If you can reuse the head bolts are they just selling bolts? We always reused head bolts 30 years ago before all of this tightening down then rotating 90 degrees then another 30 degrees etc.
Nearly all the modern bike and car engines say replace head bolts these days.
Seems like sales patter to me.
Maybe they are making them out of softer steel now?

I reused mine....

That's the main bearing ladder bolts. An older version of the manual appears to imply that one can reuse the main bearing bolts, but to not resuse head bolts.
A later version says to not reuse either main bearing or head bolts.

However I believe Nev also reuses both bolts without issue. I have too. There is also the option of the ARP headbolts.

P.S. previous post was removed as I had a few errors in it, but Mike quoted it too soon.

Back