Removing Baffles ??

RicsRocket

.020 Over
HI, I'm a new member and R3 owner. Wondering if anyone has removed the baffles and if the chip needs to be adjusted. I love the bike, but want a bit more sound without buying new pipes. Any Suggestions?

Welcome to the site first off.
Next, to your question.
ANYTHING you do to alter the stock system,
is gonna cost you money.
You MAY get away with drilling 1/4" holes in the end of your pipe
with just a 12 minute tune, for a little while.
I did that myself, found my check engine light wouldn't go off.
I was running lean, plus the sound wasn't significantly much more.
Basically I screwed up a set of pipes.
Your best bet is to get the TORS and a factory tune for it.
It'll be louder, noticeably, and thats all you need.
Now, if on the other hand you end up doing more mods in the future,
which we all do, then you can probably sell your TORS right here
and recoup some of your money then.
Good luck, post pics, and again,
Welcome to the site.

D&D exhaust

You might check out D&D as well, that's a really cheap fast upgrade that does away with the cat as well. The 12 minute tune seems to work well with these. I do have a little decel pop which I kinda enjoy, but I keep and eye on it ( plugs look good), another member told me I probably did not get a good seal when I put them on so I may try to move the clamps around or put some exhaust pukey on there. I can not detect any leaks and they seem to be fine other than the little decel pop .... and of course other than missing the 3rd pipe, I am very happy with the sound.

You might check out D&D as well, that's a really cheap fast upgrade that does away with the cat as well. The 12 minute tune seems to work well with these. I do have a little decel pop which I kinda enjoy, but I keep and eye on it ( plugs look good), another member told me I probably did not get a good seal when I put them on so I may try to move the clamps around or put some exhaust pukey on there. I can not detect any leaks and they seem to be fine other than the little decel pop .... and of course other than missing the 3rd pipe, I am very happy with the sound.
And of course you CAN remove the baffles from the D&D's relatively easily ... then they are LOUD AS HELL !!!!!!

Very, very loud. ;) Very.

No one really has had much luck drilling out the stock pipes. You are better off saving some pennies and getting the off-road pipes or another aftermarket system.

Tor's

After much deliberation, research, debate and conjecture....I chose to upgrade my 2009 R3 with Triumph Off-Road optional pipes, complete with Cat. by-pass and a Manifold Upgrade.

Thanks to all who posted for your valuable input.

Maybe you'll be hearing me soon.

Best regards.....

RR

Good choice, I really think you are going to enjoy those pipes. I tried the D&D's and they were good pipes, just kind of left the bike looking naked on the left side. I really like the TOR's, I sold off the D&D's when I found a set used from a guy who sprung for Jardines and have enjoyed the stock look and great sound ever since. The wife was the one who pointed out that I was turned on originally when I saw the R3 exhaust before I even noticed the bike that was attached to them.

Back