Recall time Guy's

recall today

Did the recall thing today on the idle issue. Not sure is necessary since I am ripping into my mods starting Friday, but just in case there was some "low-level" Operating system/firmware type adjustment that the Tuneboy cant touch, I figured i would go for it.

Bike seems a touch smoother, but it could be in my head.

Or, maybe the 12 minute tune is a healthy thing to do once in a while to get things set back prim and proper.

Anyway, its done... Now onto secondarys removal and KNs X3 on Friday.

zoom...zoom

Paul

Recall....not worth it

Took my 2007 R3 into the dealer to have it checked. They knew nothing about the recall but obliged anyway. But now it seems to take its time returning to idle, hovering around 1000 for a good 10 seconds before dropping to 850. It also has become an even heavier drinker!!!

Tuneboy ordered...time to take matters into my own hands!

got the 10,000 mi. service and they dropped in the new tune. they called it the "full race tune", I think it was the 49? anyway, it does seem to run better, more pull in 1st & 2nd, a hair more rmp at idle, less decel pop, more of a decel rumble. found in the records they had done the final drive swap before I bought it as it was a demo.

Mines been done today only thing i noticed was the slightly faster tickover.Mind you i got them to look at the front brakes because they where dead spongy even after i bled them and moved up a dot on the fluid.Carl the mechanic sorted these for me and man they are wicked now.One finger jobs.

The recall on my '05 was just for the ECM idle update and the service guy's recomendation was to not bother with it since I'm not having the problem.

I'd love to know what the mechanic did to fix the front brakes and how long it lasts. I definitely have the sponge-o-matic brakes and bleeding only cures it for a short time. I've walked down a line of new Triumphs and every other model is fine and every single Rocket let the lever go to the grip.

I believe it is just a small software upgrade maybe the idle, I had my waranty checkup and the technition did mention a new download from the factory. I must also say I never noticed a idle problem at all as for stalling I have noticed a slight hesitation at 125 mph I am thinking it might be the speed limiter in 5th gear but I am not sure if it is or not I check it everyday and depending on the terrain I do notice it most of the time if I am missing it I think it is somtimes the road is a bit ruff and my concentration is more on staying vertical and on two wheels. :D :D :D

brakes an issue obviously not associated with tune or idle.
if the brakes pads are done then change them. if you have the bike in to the dealer and mention it to them, if they are stand up guys like mine then they say....can you stop....yes....does it make noise....sometimes....looks like 2-3 thousand more miles unless you want to change them now......I'll wait, be back,or do it myself for convenience.

Back