Recall time Guy's

Just returned from the dealer in Lexington, Ky. The mechanic said that he installed a "full power" tune which would take care of any stall/idle problems.

'06

herdman said:
Just returned from the dealer in Lexington, Ky. The mechanic said that he installed a "full power" tune which would take care of any stall/idle problems.

'06

Full power to Triumph is not the same as Full power in Tuneboy

I was told Full power when they loaded tune 20144, opened it in Tuneboy to see secondaries are not all 100% - just saying

2005 recall

Just called in to check on recall on 2005 model. They asked if it were Graphite Grey and if so it would not go as fast! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway a software fix for the idle problem and get this! A RECALL ON THE FINAL DRIVE UNIT SHOWED UP :!: It is new since I have checked this area before. Maybe some of the other issues will be resolved before a breakdown or warranty runs out. Going to take a week or so for authorization and parts so don't know the details---This shop hasn't been there so I am first :cry: They have done the intake replacement thought so it should be good.

Had my recall done today. It was for the idle problem initially. I have not had any problems with my machine but when I got it back it was a heck of a lot smoother on acceleration. I did not realise how much out of tune it was getting after just 4000 miles. Quite glad I had it done now. 8)

Interesting! My 2007 is not on the list but the VIN No. after mine is.

I have only had mine 2 weeks so I guess they must have fixed it before I took delivery. They are only 2 miles down the road I will ask them on Saturday.

recalls

What is the problem that the final drive unit is having. My bike is in the shop now for a 10,000 mile service and a new front tire. Any other recall items I can let the dealer know about while they got the bike in the shop?

final drive issue........apparently, on some bikes, a part was assembled backwards at the factory which can cause an oil leak over time and sudden lock up....not good.

I'm told the new tune was developed to address idle/stalling issues.

Also, there was a tech notice to check the fuel filler vent. On some, it does not vent properly and can cause sudden stalling.

I think there have been other "assembly at the factory" issues in the past.

Has anyone visited the factory? Is there a pub near by?

idle/stalling issue

For what it's worth, dealer told me new tune changed idle speed from 650 to 850 and fixed idle/stall issue.

Back