markc

Buckkwheat
Ride
07 r3 classic
Looking for a better pair of rear shocks for my r3. Any suggestions?
Where to buy, cost, ect.

Thanks

MarkC

looking for shocks

Hi Markc,

I, too, am looking for a better rear shock. The only shock an independent dealer, (Jim's Cycle, Axtell, Texas), can find are #440's by Progressive, no other company list anything for the r3 that this shop has books on.

If you find another brand(s), I'd be glad to know also.

thanks,

Yes, get Progressive 440's - if you are going to have more than 200 lbs of weight (rider+passenger+gear) on the bike. If your load is consistently less than 200 lbs, get Progressive 418's (all according to Progressive).

Mark,

Welcome to the forum.

If you go to Rocket Resources within this forum you will find all the information you need. Pig9r has listed pretty much all parts and their suppliers available for the R3.

You'll find the various rear shocks available here:-

Link Removed

Progressive 440's seem to be the most popular they come in regular and heavy duty depending on your weight and also different lengths depending on your inseam.

You should see change out of $400. Its money well spent as they are infinitely better than the OEM shocks.

As long as you are able to stand the bike uprightand raise the rear wheel just off the ground they are a breeze to change out yourself.

Good luck

Back