Rear shock stiffness

Thanks all, it was very easy to adjust the preload. As for these Hagons and Ikons, who stocks them and how much?

Cheers

Don't know in Aus what they run but I've had Nitro's for about 4 years now and they are well worth the money. The stocks are fine 2-up (at about 4 clicks with your load) but are too harsh or too limp solo. The Hagon's use a threaded collar and have damping adjustment as well.

I keep my stocks at 3, and I still get kicked in da azz by the seat when hitting a bump. I weigh about 235 pounds riding solo.

So setting them at 5 is the stiffest, yes?

I keep my stocks at 3, and I still get kicked in da azz by the seat when hitting a bump. I weigh about 235 pounds riding solo.

So setting them at 5 is the stiffest, yes?

Set your static sag correctly and your shocks should be fine. When you sit on the bike it should compress no more than 15-20mm. Use a yardstick and have a friend mesure how far the rear fender drops when you sit on the bike. Increase your preload until it doesn't drop more than 9/16" to 3/4" on the rear fender. Test that for road rudeness and adjust it stiffer if it's still wallowy in corners and harsh on the rump. When you get to 5 clicks and it's still bad, time to admit defeat and buy better shocks.

When I had stock shocks ( rider weight circa 250ish in gear) I found setting 2 was best.. any stiffer & the bike resisted cornering.. like the springs didn't wanna give properly. When I fitted Hagons, the difference was like:" why the hell did I put up with stock shocks for so long????"

Set your static sag correctly and your shocks should be fine. When you sit on the bike it should compress no more than 15-20mm. Use a yardstick and have a friend mesure how far the rear fender drops when you sit on the bike. Increase your preload until it doesn't drop more than 9/16" to 3/4" on the rear fender. Test that for road rudeness and adjust it stiffer if it's still wallowy in corners and harsh on the rump. When you get to 5 clicks and it's still bad, time to admit defeat and buy better shocks.

Sage advice

When I had stock shocks ( rider weight circa 250ish in gear) I found setting 2 was best.. any stiffer & the bike resisted cornering.. like the springs didn't wanna give properly. When I fitted Hagons, the difference was like:" why the hell did I put up with stock shocks for so long????"

What I'm thinking too....

Buy direct from Hagon, you won't regret it.

Link please?

Has anyone on this forum acually tried the Ikons,I know our mate down in Tassie has been talking about it.:mrgreen:

TuitSmall.jpg

Back