Rear shock stiffness

DAN682

.020 Over
Hi All,

When I am carrying a pillion (around 65KG) and me (100KG) When we go over a bump, the rear end bottoms out. Is there a quick and easy way to adjust the stiffness of the rear shock?

Thanks in advance

The standard shock has a preload adjuster with 5 positions I think. Download the free manual and the directions are in there. IMO ,you are better off replacing them with an aftermarket shock,best upgrade my bike ever received.

Link Removed

Plus 1. Change the shocks, get rid of the belt up the backside every bump, stop looking ahead for bumps and bracing yourself with your legs. Bliss!!!

Screwing the OEMs up tighter just shifts the timing of the thump........

Plus 1. Change the shocks, get rid of the belt up the backside every bump, stop looking ahead for bumps and bracing yourself with your legs. Bliss!!!

Screwing the OEMs up tighter just shifts the timing of the thump........

I should have been more honest about my original shocks. I just threw them in the bin,I somehow knew it would be pointless playing with the preload.

Popular options: Hagon Nitros ( have adjustable rebound), & progressive 440's also 430's. A few rarer ones have been tried, Wilbers & Fournelles spring to mind.
I use 350mm Hagons ( extra long for increased clearance); They're a pretty good, comfortable, HD shock, & cope with the bikes weight well.

Ikons from their Oz website. Bones will be able to give you a contact for Hagons? Or Progressives from the US - cheapest dealer I found was One Stop Moto......

I just googled Hagon, & rang their UK number..cost me about $550 delivered.(about 2 years ago) Tell them as a foreign order there should be no V.A.T ( 20% uk ~gst)
Will be LOADS cheaper than sourcing thru an Aussie dealer.

Bones left out Ikons... they're Ozzie made, do a good job too.

Has anyone on this forum acually tried the Ikons,I know our mate down in Tassie has been talking about it.:mrgreen:

My Progs have done 25000klm and are still holding their own,but I might sell them and try the Ikons just for fun.

Back