DaddyRabbit

Turbocharged
Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket III Classic
I did a search but didn't find a for sure answer! I have an 06 Classic....what is the rim made of and is it coated and with what? Thanks for your response! Jimmy

I did a search but didn't find a for sure answer! I have an 06 Classic....what is the rim made of and is it coated and with what? Thanks for your response! Jimmy
Jimmy mine is aluminium and coated with nothing , hence the elbow grease needed when it's cleaning time. Mine is a 2013 roadster pal.

Thanks I'm thinking of trying Simple Green Ultimate! Says it's safe for aluminum.

The early bikes had coated rims. there were problems with the coating peeling and cracking so later bikes were uncoated. Not sure when the coating was dropped but I'd guess an '06 would be coiated unless a previous owner polished it off.

The early bikes had coated rims. there were problems with the coating peeling and cracking so later bikes were uncoated. Not sure when the coating was dropped but I'd guess an '06 would be coiated unless a previous owner polished it off.
Correct.

Back