Rear Metzeler goooooone

Put the Bridgestone on the back today. The Metz on the front still has life. Will that combo de OK?

I've been running the same for close to 2000 miles with no problem. I did a trip through WV with major twists and turns plus did some rain with no issues. When the front Metz is gone I think I'll do another Bridgestone.

Picked up the bike on Saturday with the Bridgestone/Avon setup and ran her about 100 miles. Nice combo, seems that I do not have to hold it as hard in the corners.

Went out a did 100k's today after fitting the Bridgestone/Avon combo yesterday. I'm impressed .. but been riding around on pretty scrubbed tyres for a while though :whitstling: greased the final drive with the new Honda Moly paste and threw in a new set rear pads as well .. we'll get out and do a decent ride on the weekend.

I'm a little puzzled after reading through this thread. Many of you have said the Bridgestone lasts longer, AND grips better than the Metz. Is the Bridgestone a magic tire? Normally a softer compound tire grips better, but doesn't last as long, and vise versa. Has Bridgestone figured out how to defy the laws of physics?

I have ran many Metzeler tires and many Bridgestone tires on several motors.
My experience has been the Bridgestone provides better handling and grip in the twisties, so I prefer it.
For me, the mileage was similar for each brand, about 5-6K miles rear and 10-12K miles front.
My favorite tire brand is the Dunlop Elite III Radial, D251 & Sportmax Roadsmart II which sadly are not provided for our bastard sized motor tires! :(

I've been running the same for close to 2000 miles with no problem. I did a trip through WV with major twists and turns plus did some rain with no issues. When the front Metz is gone I think I'll do another Bridgestone.

Lucky you!!! :thumbsup:
Getting to run the same brand tire (NO Metzeler) on both front and rear is an anomaly for us Roadster riders. :(

For some reason the entire post didn't go trough:
Avon Cobra AV71 - 140/75R17 for $113.00 and Bridgestone Exedra Max - 240/55R16 for $162.88 +Free shipping
from www.chaparralmotorsports.com
Man we are paying exorbitant prices here in OZ. $360 for an Exedra Max plus fitting costs. Aaaaaaaargh. Just about to bite the bullet

Man we are paying exorbitant prices here in OZ. $360 for an Exedra Max plus fitting costs. Aaaaaaaargh. Just about to bite the bullet

I was worried they might be "blem's" - But I mounted up the Avon front a month ago & ran it w/o balancing for a week. It was smooth. Then I put the ceramic/hybrid-beads in it just to make it wear longer, still very smooth - Just received the rear Stone & inspected it, looks perfect.
I can't believe what you fellaz have to pay for em there. you may save $$$$ ordering from this source even with the shipping??????
I actually got the Avon from Chaparral Motorsports on ebay, then the Stone I ordered direct from their www.
You may try the ebay route to see if it saves some $$$ for ya.

Back