Rear luggage worth the money ?

The pannier upgrade from Triumph is definitely a clandestine operation, i called my dealership this morning, and they knew absolutely nothing about this, i had to call Triumph and they are going to take care of this and get a hold of the dealership to get this dealt with for us, so anyone who purchased out of GP Bikes in Oshawa, give it about a week, and then get on them about this and they should be able to help you out.

And in the UK £4715.00 (US$ 6525.00 at todays rate and even more when you add credit card currency charges)!
Before I realised the price I asked both Corbin Europe and Corbin US to give me the details of how the panniers are fixed and what is the recomended weight load limit for the bags. No response from either. The fixing question is now answered in the excellent video, but still no information on weight. I feel this is very important given the huge size of the panniers and the fact that Triumph state a paltry 5kg limit for the OEM bags.
Has anyone in the US managed to find out this info?
I can't help you with the weight specs.
I contacted Corbin in the US regarding their sissy bar pad that is 3" taller than the joke-of-a-pad supplied by Triumph and I asked them firstly is it compatible with the standard Triumph seat and they said no it isn't. Don't think they know what they are talking about OR they want to sell me their gold plated rider/passenger seat combination at a price that nearly made me fall off my chair. Secondly, I asked them how much the sissy bar pad was by itself without the full Corbin heated seat and it is roughly AUD$500 delivered. No thank you Corbin!!
If Triumph ever get to see my patch-work solution which involves a jerry-rigged Harley sissy pad mounted on a hand-crafted frame, I don't think they will approve, however, my bride likes it!

If Triumph ever get to see my patch-work solution which involves a jerry-rigged Harley sissy pad mounted on a hand-crafted frame, I don't think they will approve, however, my bride likes it!
Ahh yes.... "my bride likes it!"... and with that statement one can conjure up all of the fringe benefits one might have because....."she likes it!" ;)

Ahh yes.... "my bride likes it!"... and with that statement one can conjure up all of the fringe benefits one might have because....."she likes it!" ;)
Happy Bride - Happy Life!!
You nailed it!!

According to Triumph's configurator, 25L panniers are now available along with the 20L. I wonder if the new size includes upgraded hardware?

According to Triumph's configurator, 25L panniers are now available along with the 20L. I wonder if the new size includes upgraded hardware?
According to the configurator the 25lt panniers are still rated at 5kg so I can't imagine the hardware has changed at all. But given the price it ought to include a spare bike for when the Rocket is in for recall. 😂🤣
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 09.12.57.png
Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 09.13.20.png

According to the configurator the 25lt panniers are still rated at 5kg so I can't imagine the hardware has changed at all. But given the price it ought to include a spare bike for when the Rocket is in for recall. 😂🤣
What are the odds that they fixed the zipper issues? Clearly the price is a typo, assuming it's really 1,199. Still, 150% price increase for only a 25% increase in storage seems lame.

What are the odds that they fixed the zipper issues? Clearly the price is a typo, assuming it's really 1,199. Still, 150% price increase for only a 25% increase in storage seems lame.
Maybe they saw the Corbin price list and decided they were too cheap! 😉

I recently purchased the 20l bags, my local dealer wanted to charge £545 for them. I told him they were £470 on the Triumph web page and he said there was a price increase but would honour the web price. The new part number is the same as the dealer had on his quote back in January, so I would assume £545 is for the new 25l bags?

Now I am satisfied with my expensive sport tail pack..... but useful. I use my R to short travels, I used all my money to paid the fuel, it go quickly 🤩

Attachments

• 169 €.jpg
    169 €.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 9l.jpg
    9l.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 52
Back