Everybody pays attention

I think you hit on an item ALL people are bad at.
If I saw an RV pulling a Trailer my first thought is the larger RV not the back of Trailer.
Then I worry about the Trailer. (Natural and takes time)
Driving Safety needs to be the only thing on both drivers mind. Not I’m running late- got a call- must have a conversation with the caller while I’m eating.
It is apparent the laws are not going to fix anything with except make money after the face.
COME ON AMERICA LETS GET FOCUSED ON--DRUNK DRIVERS--PRESCRIPTION MEDICINE--CELL PHONES-THEN STOP THIS XXXX!
Rex McKinney 1-08-2011
I cannot believe the stupidity of some drivers!!!
here I was on hwy 20 southbound near grass valley california climbing the hill at 45MPH in the right lane. the motorhome is not a performer but I felt anyone faster can pass on the left lane so I am towing my R3 in the horse trailer behind the M/H listening to music when a loud noise and a jump startled me I look in the rear camera and I see a totalled car pissing coolant 10 feet behind me I realized he had rammed us in the frigging lane never applied brakes just plowed in the horse trailer which under the force jumped the hitch and rammed inside the back of motorhome breaking the crap holding tank and the bumper and the rear door etc etc
the trailer 's doors are caved in about a foot the hitch has to be cut and a new one welded the R3 shows a crumpled rear fender the framelock held the bike in place which minimized the damages . so now a week or two in a motel in sacramento waiting for repairs
the poor sod who hit me has no more car his honda was cut clean in two up to the windshield by the vertical post between the trailer doors..
so all the good captains who offered beer and BBQ well we will be back on the road hopefully by the end of first week in january.

Sorry, I just saw this thread

Hey man, sorry about all the drama the idiot driver caused. Way lucky you weren't puttering along on your Rocket. I'm about an hour away from SAC, so give a shoult out if you need anything.

Dave

Hey man, sorry about all the drama the idiot driver caused. Way lucky you weren't puttering along on your Rocket. I'm about an hour away from SAC, so give a shoult out if you need anything.

Dave

thanks dave
we are staying at a motel on havard in NE sac the bike/trailer/RV is being repaired at precision colors on dixieanne/ we are ok and do not need anything
we just wait and hope that within the next 8 days we can get going meanwhile we are visiting the little towns around sac . any suggestions for the next few days???

thanks dave
we are staying at a motel on havard in NE sac the bike/trailer/RV is being repaired at precision colors on dixieanne/ we are ok and do not need anything
we just wait and hope that within the next 8 days we can get going meanwhile we are visiting the little towns around sac . any suggestions for the next few days???

How did your trip to Yosemite Go?

How did your trip to Yosemite Go?

clear day. great time stayed at the miner's inn in mariposa for the night, the hotel in yosemite being a bit extravagant ($460 a night) being new year'eve. went to loomis and auburn as well interesting little places old auburn being a H-D beacon on a warm day saw a white R3 there wonder who that might have been waited but nobody showed up

may have to fly home for business this week if not lets get together I will know in a day or two ..saturday would be just about right

clear day. great time stayed at the miner's inn in mariposa for the night, the hotel in yosemite being a bit extravagant ($460 a night) being new year'eve. went to loomis and auburn as well interesting little places old auburn being a H-D beacon on a warm day saw a white R3 there wonder who that might have been waited but nobody showed up

may have to fly home for business this week if not lets get together I will know in a day or two ..saturday would be just about right

Glad you had a good time! Yosemite is absolutely beautiful this time of year, and hopefully not to crowded. Saturday would be great! Hopefully that will work for you, give me a call
Jim

Glad to hear its working out....dont forget to inspect the repairs! Some shops have been known to cut a few corners....not sure of their rep but you can never be too careful.....:D

mutt

Glad to hear its working out....dont forget to inspect the repairs! Some shops have been known to cut a few corners....not sure of their rep but you can never be too careful.....:D

mutt
I am every day at the shop keeping a discreet eye on everything while tinkering on the trailer I understand what you say the $ sign is ever present in the shop"s owner specially that they promised to be done in 5 to 6 days ..

Glad you had a good time! Yosemite is absolutely beautiful this time of year, and hopefully not to crowded. Saturday would be great! Hopefully that will work for you, give me a call
Jim

will do..
I may have a sweet job offer to work in las palmas flying a B-1900 one month on one month off but paid for both so I have to go talk to the company it is a two year contract after that i stop for sure ..

Jim

I will be in toronto for the interview thursday 12th returning that evening back to sac so saturday is a deal in antioch for BBQ I will be driving there

Back