police checking his cell phone record sounds like a real good idea.
Another you might not have thought of is Jim is charging you rent for those 10 days
(or whatever it turns out to be) what's the going rate out there for an upper end motel
then there's food to go along with lodging.
Pain, suffering, PTSD, lets see what else,
loss of income.
Ruined vacation,etc, etc.
The costs are mounting.

Around here the police run a cell phone record, it seems so many wrecks are calls by people texting. by any chance do they know where they took his car to. also if you fax a copy of accident report to his insurance company they have to take some type of action.

In Queensland about 6 or 7 years ago a mates son was driving a loaded semi. Lost control ploughed through the median strip and rolled across 4 lanes of oncoming traffic. Killed a bloke in a car just minding his own bussines going to work. They checked his phone records and found he was sending a text at the time of the accident. He got 2 years in the big house, did obout 14 months. Not long when you think about the bloke who's never gunna get to work.

wow man. i'd be following up with his insurance for him. and checking in with the police too. glad everyone is ok. if your trip ends up taking you around south eastern washington let me know

why didN't I know before .. I went through tri city four days ago before .....the crunch

I will come through on the way back if everything gets sorted out... late march or early april
rented a car and went to yosemite park this weekend

Around here the police run a cell phone record, it seems so many wrecks are calls by people texting. by any chance do they know where they took his car to. also if you fax a copy of accident report to his insurance company they have to take some type of action.

jesse I did not know about the collision report CHP will issue the full report within 48 hours
I have to buy it for $10 . but since it shows the other party being 100% responsible I will send a copie to his insurance AAA of california

glad to announce that the AAA insurance adjuster has approved all the repairs ($23 000) and will cover our hotels and car rental as a side note instead of fixing the rear fender the shop agreed to chop it make shorter and install a small led rear light
therefore I will have a red lense available to GIVE AWAY the chromed ring is busted the lense is ok so if somebody wants it it is yours for the shipping.
by the 15th we should be resuming our trip to the south.....

the CHP collision report indicated that the AAA policy holder was at fault 100% and stated all the california laws broken by him I submitted copies right away to the AAA and their adjuster, the case was not argued anymore and the adjuster came to the shop looked at all the damages dickered a bit with the shop estimated hours of work and confirmed the repairs so by the 15th we should be back on the road

Back