albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
I cannot believe the stupidity of some drivers!!!
here I was on hwy 20 southbound near grass valley california climbing the hill at 45MPH in the right lane. the motorhome is not a performer but I felt anyone faster can pass on the left lane so I am towing my R3 in the horse trailer behind the M/H listening to music when a loud noise and a jump startled me I look in the rear camera and I see a totalled car pissing coolant 10 feet behind me I realized he had rammed us in the frigging lane never applied brakes just plowed in the horse trailer which under the force jumped the hitch and rammed inside the back of motorhome breaking the crap holding tank and the bumper and the rear door etc etc
the trailer 's doors are caved in about a foot the hitch has to be cut and a new one welded the R3 shows a crumpled rear fender the framelock held the bike in place which minimized the damages . so now a week or two in a motel in sacramento waiting for repairs
the poor sod who hit me has no more car his honda was cut clean in two up to the windshield by the vertical post between the trailer doors..
so all the good captains who offered beer and BBQ well we will be back on the road hopefully by the end of first week in january.

I cannot believe the stupidity of some drivers!!!
here I was on hwy 20 southbound near grass valley california climbing the hill at 45MPH in the right lane. the motorhome is not a performer but I felt anyone faster can pass on the left lane so I am towing my R3 in the horse trailer behind the M/H listening to music when a loud noise and a jump startled me I look in the rear camera and I see a totalled car pissing coolant 10 feet behind me I realized he had rammed us in the frigging lane never applied brakes just plowed in the horse trailer which under the force jumped the hitch and rammed inside the back of motorhome breaking the crap holding tank and the bumper and the rear door etc etc
the trailer 's doors are caved in about a foot the hitch has to be cut and a new one welded the R3 shows a crumpled rear fender the framelock held the bike in place which minimized the damages . so now a week or two in a motel in sacramento waiting for repairs
the poor sod who hit me has no more car his honda was cut clean in two up to the windshield by the vertical post between the trailer doors..
so all the good captains who offered beer and BBQ well we will be back on the road hopefully by the end of first week in january.
Hopefully that is the extent of your problems. When you near Louisiana let me know. I will make you full of great food.

Glad to hear you're alright, I hope he had some good insurance and I was just curious was he on the cell phone texting just wondered sounds like it.

the CHP told me the same the guy was apparently travelling at around 70 MPH and probably on the phone driving in the right lane , he never hit the brakes just plowed in the back this his car

Attachments

• DSCN2053.jpg
    DSCN2053.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 218
  • DSCN2061.jpg
    DSCN2061.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 217
  • DSCN2059.jpg
    DSCN2059.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 213
and the doors of the trailer !!

Attachments

• DSCN2057.jpg
    DSCN2057.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 174
I was wondering why I hadn't heard from you, I'm sorry this happened, but glad you are ok. I'm an hr from Sacramento, let me know what I can do to help.

Jim

Jim

thanks for the help right now we have to get insurance adjuster ,to look at trailer repairs motorhome repairs and bend some tin on the bike till then we will stay close to the repair shop rent a car and move into a motel if things improve with the trailer I might be able to roll down the bike and come visit antioch

Glad to hear you're alright, I hope he had some good insurance and I was just curious was he on the cell phone texting just wondered sounds like it.

well the CHP did not let us look at the driver insurance papers so I have to wait for the collision report

the man was on the phone according to CHP

Back