Rear end Crashes

Actually yes. "Red" is only allowable to be seen from the rear (lights) or side near the rear (reflectors). Amber lights or reflectors tell you that's the front of the vehicle. Theory goes if you see red lights, especially in low visibility situations, you know you are behind someone. If you have them up front you have a high probability of being in a head-on collision (again in fog, rain, etc.) as folks will think they are following you.
-MIG
I just was reading the law briefly, and maybe blinking behind is unlawful. Will read later.
I know the crossing in front of you is the most common cause of accidents, BUT I think they are way more preventable than the rear type. Once you know what to look for, slower speed etc, you are pretty good. My pucker moment in early days of riding cured me of inattention and lack of preparedness. Not to be over confident, but on those I feel pretty good.

Last edited:
saw this on youtube.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

saw this on youtube.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
This doesn't solve stopped at light concern. Nice idea though. You would have to swing your head around to activate when stopped!😁

After being hit twice at a stop signal by cars arriving behind us, we, the wife and myself, are always wearing a full reflective jacket + Cosmo connected (close to Atlas 2.0).

@maurice: you can use your Cosmo connected "always blinking" if you want to ride safer. You will be seen !

After being hit twice at a stop signal by cars arriving behind us, we, the wife and myself, are always wearing a full reflective jacket + Cosmo connected (close to Atlas 2.0).

@maurice: you can use your Cosmo connected "always blinking" if you want to ride safer. You will be seen !
Thanks man but always blinking have very short battery life. I ride longer.

I just was reading the law briefly, and maybe blinking behind is unlawful. Will read later.
Interesting, I was behind a van today and the 3rd brake light was flashing like we were at a disco... actually starting pissing me off as it was more like a strobe.
-MIG

I use Hyperlite flashers on the rear. These are very bright. When at or approaching a stop, I always look to see who’s coming up from behind and tap the brake lever to make them flash until the vehicle has stopped. Also, I leave it in 1st. It’s probably a good idea to stay to the side of the lane.

Back