Ready for the winter

I just took the bike in for the pistons and cams from Neville and the pipe from Paul. I’m riding that sucker no matter what when it’s done. Four pairs of underwear, two wool shirts and fleece under wool pants and two layers of leather should be about right.:p:p:p.

Just not as tough as we have been. Very disappointing. Still have no indention on not riding but will be more careful this year. Last year rode home a couple of days in 15 degree temperatures and paid the price. Got sick as a dog. This year toning it down a bit.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Just remember when it drops below freezing all it takes is a garbage truck leaking a little juice or a sprinkler left on and you're going for a nice slide

Just remember when it drops below freezing all it takes is a garbage truck leaking a little juice or a sprinkler left on and you're going for a nice slide
Snow and ice ain't no better. Been there done that one time to many. At times have not looked close enough at the weather report. :whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling: Not real bright at times.:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: My ride in and back from work has never seen a garbage truck or sprinkler system. RURAL OKLAHOMA:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Snow and ice ain't no better. Been there done that one time to many. At times have not looked close enough at the weather report. :whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling::whitstling: Not real bright at times.:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops: My ride in and back from work has never seen a garbage truck or sprinkler system. RURAL OKLAHOMA:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

My ride to work is thru the streets of Atlanta. Reminds me of playing paperboy on nintendo.

Your more likely to hit a big azz deer out there.

My ride to work is thru the streets of Atlanta. Reminds me of playing paperboy on nintendo.
Like your comments and post. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: You seem to be one of those folks that say it like it is. Find it refreshing. :):):):):):):) You gonna make the run to Maggie Valley this year coming up?

New gear this year. Insulated chaps and new gloves. At near 61 years do not plan on riding when it gets down in the twenty's. Still got the First gear one piece suit and heated gloves for the days when i get the itch but those will be far and few between. Just takes way to much out of me when the temperature drops below 25 degrees. Just bought some Joe rocket long gauntlet leather gloves and some silk liners. Should be good to go down to about 30 degrees. Works for me. Anybody else having this problem with age and extreme cold weather?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Kind of sucks.

I feel ya...when we get cold here like say a 60 degree day, thats it, I stay in and drink to stay warm! :rolleyes::whitstling::D:p

Have ridden in the minus degrees here but its tough on my fingers so i wear merino liners under my gloves and it does take alot of the cold away.
Dont mind the cold face...put the visor down when its unbearable tho. Feet and legs are good. We used to put newspaper inside the front of our leather jackets to help with the cold wind thru the zip area when we were young...might try that again next winter. Generally i find it exhilarating riding on frosty mornings.....when i get an old fart like you guys it might be tougher tho!!....

Back