Ready for the winter

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
New gear this year. Insulated chaps and new gloves. At near 61 years do not plan on riding when it gets down in the twenty's. Still got the First gear one piece suit and heated gloves for the days when i get the itch but those will be far and few between. Just takes way to much out of me when the temperature drops below 25 degrees. Just bought some Joe rocket long gauntlet leather gloves and some silk liners. Should be good to go down to about 30 degrees. Works for me. Anybody else having this problem with age and extreme cold weather?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Kind of sucks.

It was 39 when I jumped on the bike this morning with just my leather on. Was slightly frozen when I stopped.

Anybody else having this problem with age and extreme cold weather?

????? You aren't that old nor is that extreme cold... well for Oklahoma it may be. But yes, I really have to bundle up and anything below 25F just drains all my energy trying to stay warm.

bob

New gear this year. Insulated chaps and new gloves. At near 61 years do not plan on riding when it gets down in the twenty's. Still got the First gear one piece suit and heated gloves for the days when i get the itch but those will be far and few between. Just takes way to much out of me when the temperature drops below 25 degrees. Just bought some Joe rocket long gauntlet leather gloves and some silk liners. Should be good to go down to about 30 degrees. Works for me. Anybody else having this problem with age and extreme cold weather?:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Kind of sucks.
I'm past the 61 mark and I don't find it to be a problem. Under 42, I just park it, leave that for people tougher than I am, at least more tolerant of cold weather than myself anymore. Around 15 years ago left Laughlin, Nv. to return to cental Calif. , storm caught me with temps in the high 30's. Was wearing leather jacket and t-shirt with jeans, first time I ever got hypothermia, stopped at Tehachapi for coffee and was shaking so bad I couldn't drink it. I learned the hard way to pack more clothing, though living outside of Reno, Nv we have some pretty chilly winters and I just sadly park it till spring time. Too **** old to be doing get off's anymore.

I like to ride to work. Equals 57 miles one way. Daylight going in and early morning (Dark) going home. Makes for a tough ride when it gets cold. Ride in not so bad but ride home at times can be a real $itch when it is cold. Then when i do get home it takes a bit to warm up. Hour ride in and hour ride back after a twelve hour day in the cold just takes way to much out of me. Use to be able to do it no problem but nowadays it has become a problem. Last winter dam# near did me in this year going about it a bit different than what i have in the past. ;););););)

Rode I-15 yesterday in my t-shirt. Played cat and mouse with a beat up cager for a mile or two (110 mph) till he slipped through a hole between a pickup truck and a slow car so I let him go. I was taking the next exit anyway. Still pissed me off that he got away, though.
Should have rain and snow this week, so I'll be putting it on the lift, battery tender and get her covered till the next WARM (60 degree plus) day.
OH btw, pushing 65 years come February.

Just not as tough as we have been. Very disappointing. Still have no indention on not riding but will be more careful this year. Last year rode home a couple of days in 15 degree temperatures and paid the price. Got sick as a dog. This year toning it down a bit.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Back