Just checked out the flyer - Hanso told me about the ride the other day. I'd give quids to be in on it - but I'm going to be in Italy. That's my excuse. Riding Vespas and eating spaghetti. Geez I'll be looking forward to wheeling the RIII out of the shed when I get home! I like the idea of the ride you guys have put together - this site offers a lot of comraderie and you blokes (and girls) should have a great time. Ride safe.

Phuckenhell Andy!!!!!:eek:
Reschedule your trip, Priorities my man!!!:rolleyes:

Phuckenhell Andy!!!!!:eek:
Reschedule your trip, Priorities my man!!!:rolleyes:

You don't understand - its a mission of mercy. How many Italians have you seen on this site? With the zeal of the newly converted while the rest of these buggers are preaching to the converted in Hervey Bay I'm off to Italy to educate those Vespa and Ducati riding heathens about the benefits of pure cubic centimetres. The only thing they seem to have right is they like red bikes, so at least I have something to work with.:)

You don't understand - its a mission of mercy. How many Italians have you seen on this site? With the zeal of the newly converted while the rest of these buggers are preaching to the converted in Hervey Bay I'm off to Italy to educate those Vespa and Ducati riding heathens about the benefits of pure cubic centimetres. The only thing they seem to have right is they like red bikes, so at least I have something to work with.:)

OK! I get it your chasing *****!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Now if it's a toss up between a Vespa and eating spagetti or teararsing round with a heap of Rockets and woofing down prawns ... :rolleyes: nuff said ... enjoy your trip mate.

Hey! Im a spaghetti eating, espresso drinking wog (albeit gluten free these days), Own a vespa, a ducati and a tame rocket. Thank goodness I'm not a Heathen or id think yo were talking about me.

Truth is if it weren't for Vespas and Italy I wouldn't be riding a Rocket. That is absolutely no crap. Will explain another time.

Hey! Im a spaghetti eating, espresso drinking wog (albeit gluten free these days), Own a vespa, a ducati and a tame rocket. Thank goodness I'm not a Heathen or id think yo were talking about me.

Truth is if it weren't for Vespas and Italy I wouldn't be riding a Rocket. That is absolutely no crap. Will explain another time.

You've clearly already been saved!

But the story sounds interesting!

You've clearly already been saved!

But the story sounds interesting!

twas my wife that booked the trip, made me get my license and booked a 10 day vespa tour around Tuscany. the day i got home i went straight from airport to drop off bags, kept driver waiting and got him to then drop me off at the vespa house where i bought 2 vespas.

after a few months upgraded to a ducati monster, then wanted more so upgraded to a 1198 duc then decided i would get the triumph i always wanted.

so for me it was a natural progression....vespa, ducati, rocket. you see the family accepted the vespa as safe as couldnt get into too much trouble. then i convinced them i needed real brakes and bigger wheels to keep safe then it was slightly faster ducati but better brakes and suspension, then the rocket was obviously safer because it is bigger and easier to see plus being a cruiser it would slow me down...

so now i have a vespa thats easier to see, better brakes, bigger wheels and easier to see! A safe vespa is a Triumph rocket roadster with two hundred and forty something hp and 270 something nm of torque. lol all its missing is the vespa badge, but hey it'll do!!!

twas my wife that booked the trip, made me get my license and booked a 10 day vespa tour around Tuscany. the day i got home i went straight from airport to drop off bags, kept driver waiting and got him to then drop me off at the vespa house where i bought 2 vespas.

after a few months upgraded to a ducati monster, then wanted more so upgraded to a 1198 duc then decided i would get the triumph i always wanted.

so for me it was a natural progression....vespa, ducati, rocket. you see the family accepted the vespa as safe as couldnt get into too much trouble. then i convinced them i needed real brakes and bigger wheels to keep safe then it was slightly faster ducati but better brakes and suspension, then the rocket was obviously safer because it is bigger and easier to see plus being a cruiser it would slow me down...

so now i have a vespa thats easier to see, better brakes, bigger wheels and easier to see! A safe vespa is a Triumph rocket roadster with two hundred and forty something hp and 270 something nm of torque. lol all its missing is the vespa badge, but hey it'll do!!!

Mate, that's a great yarn. I think there should be a new thread started with a contest for the best-excuse-to-family-to-buy-a-Rocket. I reckon convincing the missus that its just a safer Vespa is going to be hard to beat!

Yeah, I told lots of people that you don't ride cruisers fast. And the bigger the better because they're more visible and tend to have twin discs up front. And loud is safer too. And it worked. :D

Back