Rattle sound - advice needed

Alexgoldwing

Standard Bore
Ride
Curently a Goldwing
Hi guys, as I mentioned in my introduce post, I am about to buy an used R3 touring from 2011 and 65k kilometers. I just came back from the owner and saw the bike for first time as the owner lives 400km away from ne. It is the most beautiful bike I ever saw. I am in love with it. Now here is the point - I started the cold engine, everything seemed to run smoothly, I engaged 1st gear in place and shifted back to N while engine continued to idle in place. But then suddenly I started hearing some rattle-like noise from left-hand side of the engine, just behind oil tank. It sounds similar like chain/sprocket noise but I can't tell for sure. If I put my palm over the oil tank I can feel it slightly vibrating in the rhytm of that noise. It was there only at idle, I didn't hear it when rev it up. And only at left side of engine. I read here about "paint can rattle" and listened a video of that, I think it is not that. It is my first contact with Triumph however I am well familiar with mechanics and service my own vehicles. I would give my very last penny for this bike so wouldn't have to be stuck with serious trouble like bad chain or tensioners. Otherwise the bike is from CH, was serviced regularly since new, last time 5k km ago. I tried to record the sound but Im not sure if the phone camera took it clear enough. Any advice would be apreciate.

Sorry, I just saw I duplicated the thread, I thought the first one didn't come through because I wasnt logged in. Admin please delete this double thread. Thanks.

Back