Range Rover runs over bikers

TC, I'm just curious to hear a bit about your past.
You've obviously got a strong hatred for law enforcement.
While I've got a bit of a checkered past, I view them as people doing a mostly thankless job.
Some are good, some are ****ty, just like any other profession, but mostly I'm glad they're around.
Not trying to generate an argument here, just wondering how you were wronged.
I've read some eye-opening posts on the AU laws about bikers, so maybe it's a cultural thing, just wondering...

Pardon me but I get a bit sick of this "just like any profession" bullsh#t when it comes to police. They are not like any profession. They have power and authority and are meant to be our servants. In that situation there is no excuse at all for abuse of that power, and misconduct of any sort needs to be dealt with firmly and with zero tolerance.

I don't disagree with that.
Please don't think I'm posting to argue the side of the police.
I'm just curious as to what forms the views of other members.
Sounds like you might have a tale to tell, as well?

TC, I'm just curious to hear a bit about your past.
You've obviously got a strong hatred for law enforcement.
While I've got a bit of a checkered past, I view them as people doing a mostly thankless job.
Some are good, some are ****ty, just like any other profession, but mostly I'm glad they're around.
Not trying to generate an argument here, just wondering how you were wronged.
I've read some eye-opening posts on the AU laws about bikers, so maybe it's a cultural thing, just wondering...

Don't really think i'd describe my feelings towards the police .. courts and prison system as a "strong hatred" ...

I've had a 'colourful past' as we say here in Australia. Truth is I spent half my adult life on the wrong side of the law. Done a lot of things that if I could I would undo I would .. never spent a day in prison , never gave a dishonest cop a cent and never informed on anyone.

As Canberra said my main beef with the police and how they function is that they are paid to serve and protect the communities in which they work. They are not employed by us to fabricate fear and concern so as to empower themselves. They are not paid to prey on us for revenue raising via road safety 'policies' ... we expect them to conduct themselves in a way that fosters trust , belief and dependency .. and they don't !!!

Well, at least down under, there is still an expectation of protecting and serving. Here in the states, the US Supreme Court has ruled it is not the duty of the police to protect the individuals. Of course, the sale of firearms an issuance of concealed pistol license have soared since that ruling, one thing we can still do here.

I personally do not trust the police as far as I can throw them, plus, they have no qualms with lying to you in an attempt to make you say something they can use against you.

bob

Fair enough.
Just thought I'd ask.
Could you clarify "never spent a day in prison" ? What about jail?

Snoopy sort of bugger aren't you .. other than being held in a cell waiting to ' assist them with their enquiries ' .. no I've never been incarcerated ... you ???

:D Sorry, I thought the same thing after I posted.
I plead boredom.

As a young punk, I was nabbed a few times for driving without a license (3, 5 & 7 days).
I've spent the night to sober up.
Other than that, I'm clean, Your Honor. :whitstling:

Bloody well put, TC and Bob R. Almost without exception I have found police to be bullies. Even the "nice" ones are bullies. They'll get their way every time and do whatever it takes to do it - even though sometimes that means doing little more than refusing to accept that they are wrong or that you might actually be telling the truth.

Back