Ramair or Standard....?

John Ward

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Classic 2008
Hi guys n gals.... right have been doing a bit of reading on this ere forum as my classic needs an air filter. At the mo it is still in standard form.. I'm not chasing horses nor do I ride hard and fast, so was wondering if it is worth upgrading to ramair or not.... or just put a standard filter in the hole n carry on cruising.? I still have standard pipes on the classic which I'm keeping, but it does have the cat box delete pipe on and I have installed the appropriate tune. I have read a few reviews on the ramair here in the UK [dont want seperate KnN Pods]and some people seem to be suffering from tears in the inlet side of the filter or crank case breather filter.. I don't want to swap it all out and find myself with more headaches after spending £115.... What do you think?

Since you say you have standard exhaust, that will restrict the ramair’s full potential & since your not looking to increase power anyway it would be a waste. Unless you like to wrench on your bike then getting rid of all of that god awefull plumbing under the tank would give you better access to the top of the engine and also free up the filter box for more storage area. But also putting on a ramair you’ll need a new tune.
The rubbers cracking out were on earlier designs and have been solved with the newer ones

Shame on are on the other side of the planet you could have my old K&N with 2/3 a bottle of oil.

As I put ramair on last year.

For what its worth...put the ramair on....change your cans and your riding style will change with it.....not aggressively but you wont want to get off!!...the bike will then go how the engineer who designed the motor wanted it to go!...It wont be choking like it is now!...you wont be sorry cos it will do the work easier and nicer!
Its akin to taking your 40hp outboard motor off your boat and replacing it with a 70hp motor....things just go better.

I have just put the ramair on mine got stage 1 cut done to the pipes same as you no cat etc....... notice the Tq is a little better didnt bother with Dyno or not worried about Hp but I do admit I love the sound of the ramair working. It also has a smoother pull at low revs and speeds for cornering find I don't have to change down gear as much any more

I have no issues with fitting the ramair I'm quite handy on the spanners and have torn into most of my bikes at sometime whilst I have been riding... Pipes to replace my 3 pipe setup are around £900 here in the Uk off eblag, and at the mo I don't have the cash to throw at it due to finishing work through ill health... not to say I wont in the future! I may even buy the ramair n stick it on the shelf in the garage just in case... but thinking logically I may be better with a KnN standard filter until that time comes. Ta muchley for all the replies!

Back