RamAir 62mm dia pods - a bargain?

Ishrub

That's my name ....built like a truck
Ride
2x2010 ABS Roadsters, Sprint ST 1050 ABS, 3x250s
RamAir 62mm dia pods - a bargain?

Anyone have an opinion on how they would compare to the under bearclaw Rocket RamAir?

Part Number: MR-011
£18.68 or make an offer. I did and got 3 for £15 each (Total price AU $77.08, US $ 59.04) with free international delivery.
RAMAIR High Flow Foam Pod Performance Air Filter fits Vespa PK50 Scooter 62mm ID | eBay
Product Details - MR-011

For motorcycles we have a series of 'pod' style air filters designed to clamp onto the engine air intake(s). These allow maximum airflow at all times. Comes with clip for attachment.

Please check the height of this filter against the available space you have.

Part Number MR-011

Neck Diameter 62mm

Outer Diameter 92mm

Filter Height 100mm (4")

These would not have the inbuilt plastic bell mouth trumpets that the under claw version has that may reduce comparable flow capability. On the upside they may suit Dave Gill's Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP = Fiberglass?) bearclaw. Especially the vented and grilled one as they would not be affected by being squished against the grill.

Triumph Rocket 3 Plastic Parts - Rocke's Patches
Rocket_Plastic.800.jpg

TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 roadster rocket 111 rocket iii Grp air box cover vented | eBay

Anyone have an opinion on how they would compare to the under bearclaw Rocket RamAir?
Depends where/how you'd fit the AIT sensor. Most filter mfrs seem to agree that pod filters are what you fit if there is nothing better. And after that - bellmouth socks.

So what is the difference between the two? The singles or the more common three in one option. I have the 3 in 1 and seems to be good. The price is brilliant for the singles but what about 'breathing'..?

Depends where/how you'd fit the AIT sensor. Most filter mfrs seem to agree that pod filters are what you fit if there is nothing better. And after that - bellmouth socks.
Are you suggesting bellmouth sock foam filters are better or worse, I presume better? I was hoping to find some to fit the 75mm cheap Chinese trumpets that can possibly fit the Rocket
with 75mm-63mm reduction intake tubes. The tubes may have to be angle offset to allow the
front and rear to face up and middle down or straight out to allow the very wide bellmouths to fit. All this stuff is dirt cheap on Ali-Express much less than eBay. I'll add some details later.
US$3.42 each today.
AUTOFAB Universal Velocity Stack 3" Blue Aluminum RAM Air Intake Composite AF BOV1009DDLB-in Engine from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Inlet inside Diameter: 75mm (3.0")
Bellmouth Outside Diameter: 165mm (6.5")
AUTOFAB-Universal-Velocity-Stack-3-Blue-Aluminum-RAM-Air-Intake-Composite-AF-BOV1009DDLB.jpg_640x640.jpg

So what is the difference between the two? The singles or the more common three in one option. I have the 3 in 1 and seems to be good. The price is brilliant for the singles but what about 'breathing'..?

The 3 in 1 I believe would almost meet the bellmouth sock definition but instead of individual bellmouths (trumpet/velocity stacks) they are inside the foam 3 in 1.
I have the 3 in 1 version fitted now too but thought
a) I wanted to have a look at the RamAir pods;
b) took a punt as most sellers will not accept a 80% offer especially one that comes with free International postage; and
c) may play around with an intake mod idea or two that are likely to be crap.;):D

Last edited:
Are you suggesting bellmouth sock foam filters are better or worse, I presume better?
WORSE.

Most bellmouth socks have very basic filtering. Most use single and coarse layer foam - will keep mice/birds and leaves out of the engine but not that much dust. My gut says they also mess about with the important bit of the induction wave at the edges.

Shame Rob never bought his R3 bellmouths inside the filter to term - but ....... there comes a point of no return on investment. R&D gets expensive - fast.

Some pod filters have mini-bellmouths in. But tend to be BIG and designed as single filters for plenum systems.

I'd rather spend the time&effort adapting a filter box such as those from Reverie Universal Carbon Fibre Airboxes | Reverie Ltd

Ali-Express - You have the advantage that it works well in Pac-Rim. Shipping to Europe ime is expensive and/or horrifyingly slow.

Most papers on the topic suggest that with the exception of TOP-END racing engines the addition of bellmouths does not make much difference either. I'd rather have a little less CLEAN air than a little more gritty air.

Last edited:
Back