Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Nope, No Hood

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • Hood - but I still get wet

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Hood - best thing since sliced bread

Votes: 1 5.3%

• Total voters
OK - now it is fair to say it really does NOT rain much here. But right now we are being lashed by Storm Emma and even the ducks are in hiding.

As part of my "Perfect All Weather" layering thinking - I wanted to ask

How many of you have an integrated rain hood in your wet weather gear? - And does it actually work?

Right now - I have NO HOOD - it sucks.

If you talking about bike gear i have a one piece pullover suit we call "The Condom" its ugly and gets smelly but is oh so useful. It has no hood but tightens closely round the neck so seals well (see why now?;)). No leaks down neck. they dont last long about two years but are cheap.

Nothing worse when that cold trickle of water finally reaches and starts to pool around your testicles.

For working and tramping yes i have a rain coat with a hood and it is essential.

I hate rain gear!
It is a PITA to put on over boots, especially with a bad back, hip & knees!
If the weather is cool & threatening rain, I wear water proof riding pants, which are comfy up to 80F.

Meanwhile somewhere in Cali.

3C267961-2BCF-4101-BAA2-89B002FC8037.jpeg
What did you do for the other 6".......Popsicle Stick? ;):confused:o_O:roll::roll::roll:

Rocketjohn you ain't livin in Scotland .Most of the time it's gortex every time you leave the house, cause if it's not raining when you leave it soon will be. As I've said before ,if ya don't ride in the rain ya don't ride. I've got a rainhood but never tried using it,never had water down my neck.We also have lots of words to describe the type of rain we're getting, Drizzle,pelting,smir,teeming,torrential,horizontal and bucketing are just a few. Barbagris try goin faster, the rain just blows of the back of yer skidlid.;)
I don't live in Scotland that's true....though I promise you I am one third Scots. Doesn't make me waterproof though. I do get caught in rain, but don't go out WHEN it's raining. I have watched British TV shows and I KNOW what happens to all types of vehicles over there if they aren't washed and waxed daily. And I tell you that where I do live if I could go out nekkid somedays....I would. Talk about humidity with ample heat!

I don't live in Scotland that's true....though I promise you I am one third Scots. Doesn't make me waterproof though. I do get caught in rain, but don't go out WHEN it's raining. I have watched British TV shows and I KNOW what happens to all types of vehicles over there if they aren't washed and waxed daily. And I tell you that where I do live if I could go out nekkid somedays....I would. Talk about humidity with ample heat!

Come grasshopper and I will teach you about humidity and heat!:D

Back