Race track set up - great suspension discussion by the masters

Fair warning on Wilbers, they're literally the most expensive option, and the least "plush". Don't expect anything short of Ducati sportbike stiff, it rides like a big ass sportbike with them on, definitely not for everyone.
Yes they are, at 1250 they will have to wait until next spring but an option, engine build next on to do list, not sure they will fit on touring however with that reservoir

Ah IKON brings back memories just to look at them and know that the same exact part design has been doing that function for d@mn near 50 years!

As you may know if you already bought a pair, IKON took over the KONI Dutch suspension company's old tech motorcycle division's tooling, shipped it all to Australia and have been making identical products for at least 20 years. There have been some comments on the forum that some of the welding quality has dropped off when or since R3 ones were released. Who knows if they have re-tooled since the original Koni stuff?

A very solid basic design known for quality and was the BMW airhead boxer standard for many years. The model codes are still the same too with the 7610 series twin shock still in use.

Ah IKON brings back memories just to look at them and know that the same exact part design has been doing that function for d@mn near 50 years!

As you may know if you already bought a pair, IKON took over the KONI Dutch suspension company's old tech motorcycle division's tooling, shipped it all to Australia and have been making identical products for at least 20 years. There have been some comments on the forum that some of the welding quality has dropped off when or since R3 ones were released. Who knows if they have re-tooled since the original Koni stuff?

A very solid basic design known for quality and was the BMW airhead boxer standard for many years. The model codes are still the same too with the 7610 series twin shock still in use.
I like mine seem to be built very well, adjustable damper and supposedly they were built specific to my weight

I’ve gotten some good parts out of Australia and hope I’ve made a friend or two as well, Australia= good stuff good people

F5B3EDD1-EAA5-499D-890B-4F793D3268EC.png

What does this setup look like to you rob?
So are these just for drag racing? And then you remove them for regular riding and twisties. Just asking because they will suck in the curves and just general riding. I think you should worry more about what your normal riding is. Your drag racing a heavy tank. Even if you look at the carpenter bike that ran 8.99 its not a road bike. Its set up for the strip. Air shifter and all. Sure its fast but so is a funny car, yet not really good for normal fun road riding.

So are these just for drag racing? And then you remove them for regular riding and twisties. Just asking because they will suck in the curves and just general riding. I think you should worry more about what your normal riding is. Your drag racing a heavy tank. Even if you look at the carpenter bike that ran 8.99 its not a road bike. Its set up for the strip. Air shifter and all. Sure its fast but so is a funny car, yet not really good for normal fun road riding.
Yes I would put them on at track. That’s if I even need them as you’re right the tank is only gonna go so fast

Well I don't have them shocks but I noticed a difference even with your average 600 dollar adjustable shocks and good front suspension.
Well I’m glad to hear that, the ikons i have have adjustability and a set of gold emulators up front should do me also then

Back