RAA Oklahoma edition (fall launch) set date.

I hope it meets your satisfaction?
What color?

I don't want to read this entire thread Steve but is this the ride you mentioned today at lunch with our Maine friend? If so, I assume you are hauling your bike there and what day are you departing? You mentioned post-Labor Day.

As we spoke today I've not done any good rides for the last two years because of health issues so I'm chomping at the bit to do one last great ride before I go under the knife.

Last edited:
Mike,
My plan is to leave here Sunday night, Sep 16th, and tow my bike to my Cuz Rudy's place in Enid, OK, arriving there on Tuesday or Wednesday the 18th or 19th.
I will ride out with Rudy and Paul @skydog1000 should be joining us.
We will ride to Lupe's for a lunch and then onto Tahlihina, OK with the Lupe familia & @sonny for the next 3 nights.
I will be leaving Tahlihina on Sunday, the 23rd for parts unknown. I have a week to work my way back to Enid and get home by the 30th.

You are more than welcome to join in on all or any of this!
I'd love to travel with ya!
One bad thing is I have only a single bike trailer that I can tow with my Jeep.

Well that's a heck of a drive, almost 2000 miles in 2 or 3 days to Enid. I You've seen my trailer. I believe it has a 3000 pound capacity and my truck will pull 9000 pounds, getting about 15mpg

I'll call you tomorrow and we can discuss options.

Tripps; Got me a Florida bike to keep in Jacksonville. Do you ride up north to the hills when you are in Florida?

97 Valki.jpg
I just bought the place, I've flown down a couple times, but haven't moved anything there yet. Garage slab is in but waiting for garage to be erected

There used to be a HUGE Pratt & Whitney radial engine shop in Perry. If it's still there it is worth go for a looksie :thumbsup:

Love radial engines. One can hear one on an airplane from afar and know it's a radial. The Navy Aviation Museum at NAS Pensacola has quite a few of them on display. Many of the Otters up in Alaska still have radials.

Back