FYI.She did not get elected mayor.It was dropped in her lap.
She couldn't wait for her term to end.
Her husband Mike is the one who made sure everyone got the maps for the area and he led a ride.
She did nothing wrong.
Very nice young couple who are trying to help the town get built back up after the flood they had a few years ago.
I wish them the best of luck. It seems she may have ruffled the feathers of the establishment in the town.

I wish them the best of luck. It seems she may have ruffled the feathers of the establishment in the town.
Original story, will 'truth' emerge and 'justice' prevail?
The charges follow a state auditor's investigation into financial mismanagement and the misuse of more than $3 million in federal funds meant to help rebuild the city after a massive flood in 2016.
The auditor's report said Drennen and others were allowed unfettered discretion to pay themselves, family and friends nearly $500,000 after the flood. He says only about $400,000 of the federal money went toward flood recovery.

Original story, will 'truth' emerge and 'justice' prevail?
She was not mayor when the flood occured .She did not have access to any money.It was done before she took office.She will be fine

She was not mayor when the flood occured .She did not have access to any money.It was done before she took office.She will be fine
We sure hope so!

Trial set for August 25. She remains free on a $10,000 personal recognizance bond.

Hardly revealing the case against her in this article.
RICHWOOD, W.Va. (WCHS/WVAH) — A former mayor of Richwood pleaded not guilty Monday morning to three felony charges linked to mishandled flood relief money.
Chris Drennen, who is the former mayor for the town, made the not guilty plea to two counts of obtaining money by false pretenses and one count of fraudulent schemes.
Drennen was indicted last month. The indictment alleges Drennen got paid for flood relief before and after the group she claimed to be doing flood relief work for existed. It also said she engaged in a scheme where the Federal Emergency Management Agency, Richwood and town residents trying to recover from a June 2016 flood were the victims.

How did you come to interact with her ? (just curious)
Just spoke to her briefly but mostly to the guy in the picture about the maps and tourism economics. She just looked a bit young and not the typical politician type. I never thought anything ill of her just that she looked atypical of a small town mayor.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I need to inform you all that attended RAA in WV, that I have tested positive for the C-19 antibodies. I am negative for active virus right now. I did my quarterly blood sugar (A1C) a few days ago and asked them to check for antibodies as well. My clinic tells me that I had C-19 sometime in the last few weeks to months, they can't be certain.
Anyway, since we were all together there, I wanted to let you know that I may have had it then.
I am in the high risk categories and don't want to press my luck, but according to the media, I am one of those who should have died from it with all the factors going on with me.
I am sorry if I did in fact spread this to any of you.

Back