Kyle James

.020 Over
Ride
14 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
I have a question for the R3T riders. I looked at a 14 at the dealer and noticed some smallish lowers on the forks just below the windshield. (Was going to trade my sons HD for It but he wrecked my America that he had upgraded to. He is just banged up an bike is not to bad. We will start that project next!)

Do these make a difference in head bobble?
If they do where can I get some for a 14 R3R?

Thanks for the help!
Ride Safe
Think Fast

I ride a '14 now and have never had any head bobble at any speed under a ton. I am 5'9" and can't say the little lowers are the reason or not.

Buffeting is not too much problem on the R3T, but with stock appointments its not non existent. If you are tall you are going to get some stuff from above. The under screen blast that lowers help prevent is moderate. I really don't think going to a special effort to install the R3T lowers will give enough benefit to be worth the effort. If you happened to have some, well that would be different.....

There's another thought, with the heat that many of us get off the exhaust....an overly effective lower would make things worse!

I have a question for the R3T riders. I looked at a 14 at the dealer and noticed some smallish lowers on the forks just below the windshield. (Was going to trade my sons HD for It but he wrecked my America that he had upgraded to. He is just banged up an bike is not to bad. We will start that project next!)

Do these make a difference in head bobble?
If they do where can I get some for a 14 R3R?

Thanks for the help!
Ride Safe
Think Fast
I´m 5´8" and ride a 14 r3t and never had any head bobble.

The stock windscreen reaches me about to level of my mouth.

I have the Triumph windshield that hits me about eyebrow level if I am sitting correctly.
I have moved it up and down, changed the angle until had the bobbling minimized.
I also added the Laminar Lip to smooth the airflow over the windshield.
These changes have made it where my glasses don't shake down my nose!

I added the MS lowers from Cruizer Customizing to my aMerica LT. These made a dramatic difference. So I was wanting to try on the R3R.
This thread has caused some other threads to pop up under "similar threads - lowers". Which may provide a way to accomplish what I am wanting to try.

There's another thought, with the heat that many of us get off the exhaust....an overly effective lower would make things worse!

FYI.... I do not find the heat of the rocket 3 to be excessive unless I'm im forced to be stopped in traffic on the highway on a hot day. With that said, it is no worse than sitting over a Harley engine and pipes. I like to experiment with things, so I made myself an identical set of lower R3T shields only a little larger and slightly longer. They are great for cool weather riding, but in the summer they did make for a warmer ride. They didn't affect the handling of the bike, but they did affect the temperature.

Back