R3T batwing fairing from Reckless Motorcycles.

Hey lads;
Anyone on here have a R3T with a batwing. If so can you post pics along with the batwing manufacturer.

I'm interested in side views. I've been looking at reckless motorcycles but they're version seems to sit a little far forward am I just imagining it?
Check out Wide Open Customs I installed one on mine and love it....I'll try and post a pic in the next day or so

Just called them and I was all set but then they dropped the bomb..... I have to relocate my highway lights.... I have no idea how or where I'd a brack to do this...

D A M N it!

Im going to go with Wide Open over Tsukayu. The fairing is supposed to mount with your quick release brackets. I have a spare shield with a keyed bracket so I can switch out with ease.

Im going to go with Wide Open over Tsukayu. The fairing is supposed to mount with your quick release brackets. I have a spare shield with a keyed bracket so I can switch out with ease.

You think the windshield mount can be switched in?

That would ve brilliant!

You think the windshield mount can be switched in?

That would ve brilliant!

Give Wide open a call. Thats what they told me. My main concern was whether it would rattle, A member here who has one says it fits nice and tight.

Personally I don't get the whole stereo-on-a-bike thing anyway. Why would anyone want it when you can have in-ear monitors and actually hear the music? But to each his own.

@cr0ft! You're the /r/motorcycles moderator, aren't you? :)

Last edited:
Gents,

Have any of you considered mounting an aftermarket Harley batwing to the R3T? I was looking at one for a road king the other day and realized that it's headlight port is open on the bottom, unlike the ultra's or the streetglide's. This would allow mounting around our big can... They are anywhere from $150-$400 on Ebay and other sites, so the cost would be wildly lower than those made for the Triumph. Thoughts? I'd like to get a batwing for the look, but also to have a stereo mounted up. @cr0ft , in-ears block all of the bike noise when riding, which is great for the music, but makes me nervous in that I can't hear changes the the bike. Plus, any emergency vehicles or other vehicles on the road are drowned out. As much as I like crisp sound, I wouldn't be willing to risk riding without my ears on the bike.

Gotta ride with ear plugs anyway. If you don't, you're guaranteed to ruin your hearing, especially if you start riding young.

But just about any batwing made for a cruiser with a 7-inch headlight should work I suppose, but you have to fabricate the mounts.

I understand... but you can choose earplugs with an NRR that will reduce the noise to a safe level without filtering out all of the ambient noise. I used to wear them when I played shows with a couple of bands. NRR of 15 or so will handle what you need, keep the noise below 80 dB, and still allow for functional hearing. That's what I prefer to use.

Back